Hurt - Daniel Ricciardo

It was no secret that your mother loved a glass of wine. But one turned into two, turned into a whole bottle and even more. Ever since your dad died, your mom was always drinking alcohol. It was a miracle that she still had her job, or at least, that's what you knew. Your brother was now four, which means that it has been going on for over two years. You being in the midst of finishing your study and taking care of your little brother, it all became too much for you. You had a very supportive boyfriend, but he's an f1 driver, which means that he wasn't home very often. Whenever your boyfriend, Daniel Ricciardo, was home, he spend as much time with you and your little brother as he could. He loved the both of you so much and he hated to see you in pain.

Today was one of the hardest days ever. Your dads birthday was today, which means you were more emotional and so was your mother, who turned to the alchohol. You had to focus on school and taking care of your little brother. It was also hard, because your boyfriend wasn't around. He was focusing on his home race, which he invited you to. You did plan on going, everything was booked, but your mom didn't let you take your brother with you, which made you miss your flight. As soon as she passed out on the couch, you took your brother and rushed out.

The plane ride was hell on earth. Your little brother, who had never been on a plane, kept screaming and crying, which annoyed every passenger on board. There was nothing that you could do to calm him down. Eventually you got off the plane and he calmed down. You grabbed your handbagage and made your way inside the airport to wait for the rest of the baggage, which never came. It was still stuck at the other airport. They noted your phone number and name and then you left to go see the qualification, which was now almost over. You took a cab and quickly arrived at the track. Luckily, you had stuck your passes in your carry on bags, other wise you would be in big trouble now.

Your little brother fell asleep in the car. When you got to the track, you quickly packed your stuff and made your way to the Renault motorhome. You had texted Daniel that you were almost there, but he probably didn't saw the message, since he was just ending qualifying. You made your way into the motorhome, greeted some people and made your way to Daniel his room. You carefully laid your brother down on the couch and then let yourself fall in a chair with a sigh. You hated today and you wanted to cry so bad, but you didn't want anyone to see you cry. You hated crying in front of people. It took a really long time before you first cried in front of Daniel, which you were now slightly comfortable with, but never anyone else. You just looked at your little brother, sleeping peacefully, while you tried your best to hold back the tears.

You slightly startled when the door opened. You looked up and saw a happy Daniel and Michael walk into the room.

'Babe, you're here!' He yelled and walked over to you. You stood up from the chair and forced a smile on your face. Daniel came in to hug you, but he stopped, because he was all sweaty, but right now, you didn't care. You just wanted to be in his arms. You wrapped your arms around him and laid your head in his neck, while he wrapped his arms around you. He could tell that something was up.

'You okay?' he whispered.

'No,' you mumbled. The two of you stood in silence for a moment, until you heard your brother wake up. You let go of Daniel, while your brother walked over to Daniel in excitement.

'Hey buddy. How are you? Are you coming to see me race, in fast cars?' Daniel asked as he picked up your brother. He started to talk to Daniel about cars and that went on for a while. You sat down on the couch while you watched the both of them. Daniel looked at you once in a while and you could see he was concerned about you.

After a while, he took a shower, got dressed and you made your way to the hotel. In the meantime you informed him about your luggage, the flight and your mom. When you got to the hotel, Daniel took over the care for your brother, while he bathed him and put him to bed. You two went to sit out on the balcony. You sat in between his legs, while he held you.

'How are you doing, like really?' he asked now the two of you were alone.

'Tired. I'm just tired,' you sighed. 'My mom just gets worse every day and every time I come home, I'm worried that I find her not breathing anymore. I'm afraid that I won't pass my exams, because I barely have time to study. I have to take care of my brother, study, feed us both, clean the house and work. There is just not enough time in a day for me to do all that and I'm just so done with it. I'm so done with every thing,' you explained.

'Why don't you travel with me? We can take care of your little brother. While I race, you can study and someone from the team can maybe look after him for an hour or so. When you have your exams, we'll both me back home or maybe my mom can help? She can babysit your brother while you work on your school work?'

'She really wants to do that?'

'Of course she does! She loves him and you, so she would love to spend some time with him.'

It was like a weight fell off your shoulders.

'We'll be okay. Once you're done with school, you and your little brother can come live with me and you'll come to as much races as you can. It's just for a little bit now. You're almost there.'

A small smile grew on your face as Daniel kissed your hair. 'I love you so much,' you whispered.

'I love you more.'