Train ride - Lando Norris

After a long time, it's finally time for a little get away for just yourself. Lately you have worked your butt off to afford your little vacation. Now the time is finally there and you are way too excited. You walk into the train to find your place. It's a four seater, which means three other people could sit by you, but you don't mind. Maybe they're nice people and you can chat with them. You sit down. A young man, who looks like your age, is sitting across from you.

'Hello,' you greet him with a smile as you put your stuff down.

He looks op from his phone. 'Hi,' he says and then turns his attention back to his phone. You sit down and grab your laptop. Now that you're free from work, you finally have time to write. Since this train ride is going to take over 4 hours, you have all the time in the world to finally write something. Just as you had set everything up, the train begins to move. With a smile on your face, do you look out the window. The vacation has really begun.

You're just an hour in and you've already written so much. The young man across from you, must think that it's annoying. You type so fast and so much. But he hasn't said anything about it. You cross your legs and accidentally hit the guys leg.

'I'm so sorry,' you say to him.

He puts his phone down and looks at you. 'It's alright. You're typing a lot,' he says with a slight smile on his face.

'Also sorry about that, if it's annoying.'

'No, no, not at all. It has something... peaceful I guess.'

You laugh. 'Yeah, it kind off does. I'm Y/N, by the way.'

'Lando.'

'Nice to mee to you Lando. Are you also heading to Frankfurt?'

'No. I'm heading to Mannheim.'

'Cool. What are you going to do there, if I might ask.'

'Sure. I have to work there.' It seems to you that he doesn't want to let much go about it, so you stop asking about it. Instead, he asks you a question.

'What are you going to do in Frankfurt?'

'Just chill for the weekend. Get away from all the craziness of work and just relax.'

'Sounds nice. What do you do for work?'

'I work for a teen magazine.'

'Cool. Is that what you're writing now?'

You shake your head. 'No, that's just wiring for fun. Nothing much.'

The two of you start to chat about your work and just things the both of you like to do in your free time. Lando really seems like a nice guy. You safe your document and put away your laptop while you chat with Lando for the entire train ride.

When you both arrive at Frankfurt HBF it is time to said goodbye.

'I really liked talking to you. It made the ride go much faster,' Lando laughs.

'Yeah, it really did. Thanks and good luck this weekend.'

'Thank you. Have fun with relaxing!'

You laugh and thank him.

'Well, I have to go, but if you are bored this weekend, you should come see the race.'

'Maybe I'll do that.' Lando gives you a quick hug before he says his final goodbye and rushes over to catch his next train.

You make your way to the hostel. On your way there, you can't help but look Lando up on Instagram. He mostly post pictures of the races, but damn, he looks good. You follow him and like his last picture. You also check his story, before you put your phone away.

For the entire day, you couldn't help but think about Lando. You have been following all day on social media and also the McLaren account. You have seen the results from qualification and they're not that bad. You have no idea what you need to pay attention to, since you have never seen a race, but it looks fun to you. You truly wanted to go and see Lando race, since you're so close, and somehow you managed to buy a VIP ticket from someone who can't go anymore. So, now you're back in the train to go to Mannheim. It's close to the track, so you'll be sleeping there so you can go to the race early in the morning.

You follow the tour guide around the paddock. You have seen so many people walk by. You had stopped here and there where the tour guide stopped to ask some question to a driver. Now you're standing outside the McLaren building and you can't help but smile when you see the familiar face walk out.

'Well, look who's here!' The tour guide says.

Lando looks up and smiles at him.

'Are you ready for the race?' he asks.

'Always. It will be a fun day.' Your eyes meet Lando's and he smiles.

'You made it,' he says and walks over to you. Everybody looks confused at you and Lando when you hug.

'Yeah, I couldn't miss the race since I've met a famous driver. I wanted to see for myself what all this was about.'

'Are you allowed to walk around the paddock without all of them?' He quietly asks.

You shake your head.

'Well, now you are.' Lando turns to the guy who's standing next to him. 'She's with me. Can you keep her company while I'm driving?'

'Sure.'

Lando looks back at you. 'Y/N, this is Jon. Jon, this is Y/N.'

You shake the mans hand. 'Nice to meet you.'

The race has finally begun. 'Lando hoped you would come by today.'

You look confused at Jon. 'Really? Why?'

Jon shrugs his shoulder. 'He said you're great and really cool.'

You feel your cheeks getting warm. Land said that about you? You focus back on the screen when you suddenly hear Lando his voice. 'I lost the brakes.'

'Okay, Lando. We have to retire the car. Slowly bring it to a stop,' someone says.

The car stops and Lando gets out.

He walks back in the garage and you can see that he's frustrated. Of course he is. His car didn't work well in the middle of a race. He talks to some people before he walks over to you.

'That wasn't a good race. Normally I don't suck that much.'

You chuckle. 'Well, I like watching you race. It's fun to see.'

Lando begins to smile. 'I have to talk to the press, but after that I'm done. Do you want to go out for dinner?'

You smile. 'Sounds like a good idea to me.'