Bad feeling - Carlos Sainz

This is a one shot when Carlos still drove for McLaren. I hope you all like it :)

🏎

Today was probably one of the busiest weeks of the whole season. It was your twin brother Carlos Sainz his home Grand Prix, so there are many media responsibilities. Everybody is expecting something from Carlos, and you're here for it all. You took a week off from work to enjoy this home GP with him.

Everything went by so fast that you were already watching Carlos qualify for the race tomorrow. The whole day you had this weird feeling in your stomach; something didn't feel right. When Q2 started, that feeling became more clearer, and you felt something was wrong with Carlos.

'Charlotte, something is wrong,' you mumble as you see your brother slowing down on the track.

Charlotte, who was sitting next to you, looked at you, not understand what you meant. 'What do you mean, Y/N? Carlos seems to be fine.'

You shake your head. He is not fine. You can feel that something is wrong, but you also know that Carlos wouldn't admit it. It's qualifying, and he wants to do the best he can. You slowly stand up from the chair you're sitting on, and you walk over to Tom, who is communicating with Carlos. 'Tom, ask how Carlos is doing. Something is wrong.'

'Y/N...'

'Just do it, please. I have a very, very bad feeling about this.'

Tom, sighs but asks the question on the radio.

When Carlos turns on the radio to answer, you hear him pant, something he doesn't do when he's driving. 'I'm fine.'

Tom looks at you. 'He say-.'

'He's lying. I know it's qualifying, but I don't want to see my brother end up in the wall.'

Tom sighs, but he gives in. 'What do you feel?'

'I feel like zoning out, my head feels like it's pounding, and I feel like I just ran a marathon. My chest is hurting, but it's all very faint, so I know it's Carlos. I don't know how to explain it, Tom, but something is going on with Carlos and him pushing himself is only making it worse.'

Toom turns to the screen for a moment before he looks back at you. 'Q2 is only going to be 2 more minutes. Carlos is P15; we need to have him do another lap to get out of the risk zone. We'll check in on him when he's back.'

You shake your head in disbelief. Nobody ever believes you. You and Carlos always had this thing, where you can feel when something is wrong with the other. It's mostly very faint, but this time it's stronger. Nobody had ever believed you whenever you told someone what was going on. In the end, whenever something happened, they would all be surprised. And now you're in the exact same situation, only Carlos is sitting in a car that is going 300 km/h. This is just going to get him killed.

You sit back in the chair. Your heart is racing, and your hands start to tingle. The feeling is so strong that you don't know if it's you or Carlos. You try to focus on the screen, to distract yourself from it. The clock of Q2 stops, and Carlos is still P15. Vettel is right behind him, who improves his own time, pushing Carlos to P16.

The cars of both Carlos and Lando come back to the McLaren garage. You stand aside, waiting for Carlos to get out of the car. While he still sits in the car, he takes off his helmet and balaclava. From where you are standing, you can see how pale he is. The mechanic helps Carlos with his headrest. Carlos stands up and turns around to you. The look on his face tells you everything; he is going to pass out any minute. Carlos gets out of the car but holds on to the car. Carlos Oñoro rushes over to Carlos, seeing the same thing as you. Oñoro helps Carlos over to a chair, where Carlos puts his face in his hands. You sit down next to him, handing him a bottle of water.

'Please don't pass out,' you whisper.

Carlos looks up with a faint smile as he takes a few sips of water. 'I won't.'

'Why didn't you stop? Things could've ended badly. What if you passed out in the car and drove the car into the wall? Or into another driver?'

'I just needed to do one more lap. I thought I could do it.'

'I thought I was going to pass out. That's how strong it felt for me. Please don't be this reckless again.'

'I won't.'

'You bet your ass you won't, or I will kill you myself.'

'Very funny, sis.'

'Always.' You both laugh. Carlos gets something to eat, and you immediately see the colour coming back on his face.

'Pro of all of this is that you get to drive to the hotel,' Carlos chuckles.

'Damn, took a long time.'