Scared - Mick Schumacher

This one is requested by willowsmith ! I hope you like it.

You were sitting at the table with one of your best friends, while Mick Schumacher was racing. He wasn't your boyfriend, but something was going on between the two of you. In your 20 years on this planet, you only had one boyfriend, and he broke your heart so bad that you swore to never fall in love again. Until you met Mick. It had been five years since your first boyfriend, but you were still careful around Mick. Even though you loved him, but you were afraid that he would break your heart again.

'What's going on?' your friend asked when she noticed you weren't listening to what she was saying.

'What?'

'What are you thinking about?'

You sighed. 'Just overthinking things,' you mumbled.

'You and Mick?'

You slowly nodded your head. 'I just... I don't know. I just don't want to go through it again,' you said, referring to your ex-boyfriend.

'Mick would never do that to you, and you know that.'

'I know, but still... It's like somewhere deep down something tells me to run away from him.'

'That dick never loved you. He played you for what he did, and now you're scared because you've never let anyone love you like Mick does,' your best friend smiled and placed her hand on yours. 'He loves you Y/N, a lot. You can see it in his eyes when he walks over to you, and I can see that you love him too, because you light up when he's around, and I've never seen you like that with anyone.'

A slight smile grew on your face.

'And here he's coming,' she said. 'And I'm going to the bathroom,' she said and quickly walked away.

You looked up and saw Mick walking towards you.

'Hey,' he said and sat down on the chair next to you.

'Hey! How did everything go?' you asked him.

'Very well. It's still practice, but we have a got shot at the qualy.'

'That's good,' you said.

It was silent between the two of you for a moment. But it was nice. You enjoyed being around Mick.

'I wanted to talk to you about something,' Mick started.

You looked at him. 'Go ahead.' You were scared of what he was about to say, but you deeply wanted to know what he was going to say before your mind could think of all the things he maybe could say.

'So, we've been dating for a while, and I came across this quote this morning, which really got me thinking. I love you, and I want to be with you. Will you be my girlfriend?' Mick asked you.

You looked at him for a moment. Your heart started to beat faster. You didn't know what to say, so instead of saying yes, you pressed your lips against his. Mick smiled against your lips.

'So it that a yes?' He asked just to be sure.

'Yes,' you smiled.

He pressed his lips against yours again.

'What was the quote?' you asked him when you pulled back.

'When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.'

A big smile grew on your face, and you kissed him again. Feeling like it was your first kiss all over again.