Get away - George Russell

It's just one of those days where you want to pack all your stuff and just leave without telling anyone. And that was exactly what you were going to do. Your boyfriend George Russell and best friend Lando Norris were both in Spain for the weekend for a race. School has been the most terrible it has ever been this week and you just wanted to disappear. You wanted to get away from your life just for the weekend, so you decided to surprise your boyfriend and your best friend in Spain. You had texted your mom that you would be gone for the weekend.

You landed at the airport and you decided to call George. You knew he hadn't planned anything until later, so he could pick you up.

You FaceTimed George. 'Hey!' you smiled when he answered the call.

'Hey, where are you?' He looked confused at the screen.

'Well, can you come pick me up? I'm at the airport in Spain.'

His face lit up like it was a Christmas morning. 'What? Why are you at the airport!'

'Just needed to get away from home for the weekend. Can you come pick me up or do I need to grab a taxi?'

'Give me half an hour and I will pick you up!'

'I'll see you then.' You waved at the camera and then put your phone away. You made your way to Starbucks, where you ordered a drink and waited for George. In the meantime you looked at the people who walked passed by.

Before you knew it, George texted you that he was almost at the airport. You grabbed your stuff and made your way to the pickup point where George would be.

A car stopped in front of you. You smiled when the window rolled down and George looked at you. 'Welcome in Spain,' he smiled. You opened the door and sat down.

'Thank you,' you smiled and gave him a kiss.

'So, how was the flight?' George asked when he drove off.

'Boring, but good. I'm just glad I'm away from home for the weekend,' you sighed.

'That bad?'

'Jup. School is pissing me off to the fullest and I just needed to get away from the every day scenery and I missed you,' you confessed. George smiled as he laid his hand on your knee.

'I'm glad you're here,' George said.

'Me too. I already like this way better than being at home.'

George laughed.

When you got to the hotel, you saw the McLaren team walking out. You got out of the car, just when Lando walked out of the hotel.

'Y/N?' he asked confused.

'Hi,' you smiled, like it was the most normal thing in the world that you were in Spain right now.

'What are you doing here?' he yelled happily and walked towards you, before he hugged you.

'Well, I missed my two boys, so I thought I would come to see them,' you smiled and hugged Lando back.

He let go of you and looked at you. 'Tonight we're going to dinner, you, me, George, whoever wants to come!'

'Sounds like a plan to me.'

You said your goodbyes and walked into the hotel with George. You made your way to the hotelroom and let yourself fall on the comfy bed.

'Are you coming to the track later on?'

'Ofcourse! What time do you need to be there?'

'In an hour.' George let himself fall down on the bed. You turned around and laid closer to George. He kissed the top of your head. This is already the best decision you ever made by coming to Spain.