Faster - Daniel Ricciardo

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY! 🎆
If you read this, please listen to Before we drift away by Nothing But Thieves, to give this chapter more feeling!

To say you had a bad day was an understatement. Your whole week had been terrible, and now all you wanted to do was drive until your head was clear again. You wanted to leave your house and just drive, with the music as loud as it could possibly go. You needed to get out. You didn't care where. You just needed to getaway. You felt like you couldn't breathe like you were stuck. Your leg had been bouncing up and down the entire evening, and you just knew that you needed to get out before you would explode.

While walking towards your car, you texted your boyfriend Daniel Ricciardo if he wanted to come along for a drive. He immediately said yes, and you drove to his house as fast as you could, still being around the maximum speed you were allowed to go.

When you arrived at your boyfriend's house, he was surprised to see you so early. 'How much did you speed?' he asked you and chuckled.

'Not that much. Are you ready?'

Daniel noticed how nervous you looked. You couldn't sit still for a second and were constant, twisting your fingers and tapping your foot on the ground. 'Are you okay?' he asked you.

'I'm fine. Can we go?'

'Yeah.' Daniel grabbed his phone and wallet and followed you to the car.

You got behind the wheel and put on some music. You drove away.

Daniel looked at you. He has seen you in this state once, and that didn't end quite well. It happened a few months ago where you called him, totally in panic, stating that you couldn't breathe and how you couldn't keep still. Daniel calmed you down, and after that, he picked you up and you were going for a drive, because he knew how much it helped him. Whenever he had a bad day, he would get in a car to take his mind of the things that had been bothering him. You loved it. The speed was exhilarating to you, and you wanted to go even faster. Daniel took you to some off roads where nobody could come, and you drove like a maniac, but still controlled somehow. For the first time in a while, you felt in control, and you fell in love with speeding, but it was only when you had a bad day. Daniel noticed that right now, you looked like you were in the same state as a few months ago, only now being more in control. Daniel noticed the way you were going; to the off-roads where he took you the first time. He looked at the odometer and saw how fast you were going. 'Y/N, you should slow down a bit,' he tried to say as calm as possible.

You didn't react to him. You didn't even hear Daniel talking. You eyes were focused on the road, while the song was the only thing you heard. The beat came on, and you started to drive even faster. You didn't think about anything, and you finally felt like you could breathe. You let go of everything that has happened today and in the last week. A slight smile even grew on your face as you got around the corner. You heard the tires squeaking over the ground, and it made your heart pump even faster.

Daniel noticed the smile on your face, while his face drained from colour. Daniel knew fast cars since he drove in Formula One, but that was different. Being on the open road, and driving so fast was dangerous. You could end up in a severe accident, and he wanted you around longer than just today. The numbers on the odometer just kept going up. 'Y/N, you need to stop now.' Daniel looked over at you. You looked like you were in another world. You had no idea what was being said, and he doubted if you knew how fast you were going. Daniel needed to stop you before things would end badly. There was a corner coming up, and he knew it was not going to end well if you took that corner with this speed. 'Y/N! You have to break!' he yelled.