Crash - Lando Norris & Daniel Ricciardo

You looked at your brother Daniel Riccardo, who was getting ready for his race.

'Be safe okay? I'm going to be with McLaren in the garage today.'

'You know I'm always safe. I'll be fine. Enjoy the race.'

'You too.' You smiled at your brother and quickly gave him a kiss on the cheek.

You quickly made your way to McLaren. You wanted to see your boyfriend, Lando Norris, before the race too. You wanted to wish him good luck. Even though you have said it to him this morning, you still wanted to say it to him now. You weren't planning on staying at McLaren during the race, when you said goodbye to Lando this morning. But something just drew you over there. It was a feeling, but you just wanted to be with Lando today.

When you walked into the McLaren garage, Lando was just getting into his car.

'Good luck and be safe,' you smiled at Lando.

'I didn't know you were coming!'

Jon handed you a set of headphones, so you could hear everything going on during the race.

'I changed my mind. Now go kick some ass.'

Lando smiled at you and quickly waved before he went off.

Lando was starting P6 today. Daniel was starting P11. There were some problems during the qualification, but you had all confidence in him that he was going to do well, the both off them would do well.

It was fun being on the road with your brother and your boyfriend. You loved being at the races. Ever since Daniel joint F1, you where there too. In the beginning not so much as now. Now you're hanging out with Lando, George and Alex most of the time. You try to divide your time the best you can. You want to spend time with your brother of course, but also with Lando. It's hard sometime, but you all make the best of it.

The race started and it was not a bad start. Lando quickly passed Perez and Albon. Daniel passed Kvyat. And that went on for a few laps. You had your eyes on your friends and brother. You heard Lando humming. You smiled and focussed on the race. It was to early to say this, but if Lando was continuing like this, he could make it to the podium. He was now at P4, but they were on lap 10, so a lot could happen.

They were halfway through the race. Lando was trying to make it past Verstappen, but he was defending his spot. Daniel had some technical difficulties, so he was out of the race. You had texted him that he did a good job and bad things could happen. He hadn't responded yet. You now had all your focus on Lando. You were feeling you heart beating so much faster no that he was going for P2. It was so exciting to see. Lando tried to go past Verstappen in turn 3. He passed Verstappen on the outside and then Verstappen bummed him. Lando was set off against the wall. You felt your eyes widen.

'Lando, do you copy me?' you hear Andreas say.

You looked at these screen, not taking you eyes off the car. There was no response from Lando.

'Lando, do you hear me?' you heard Andreas say again.

You looked over at him in worry. This was not a good sign. You looked back at the screen and saw how someone walked over to the car.

'Red flag!' you hear someone yell through the garage.

'How is he doing?' You looked up and saw Daniel running into the garage. It was normally not allowed, but now no one said a thing about it. Daniel walked over to you and grabbed your hand.

You wanted to say so many things, but the lump in your throat was to big. There was no way that a word was coming out of your mouth right now.

'Lando, I'm asking you once again, do you hear me? Please say something or just a hum,' Andreas said. You could hear the anxiety in his voice. This was bad. You saw medics arriving at the car. You felt like your heart was beating off your chest. But at the same time you felt it breaking. With every second that passed by without a response from Lando, you felt your heart breaking a little more.