CHAPTER ONE HUNDRED TWENTY-ONE: Expectations

With Eraserhead finally unconscious, Adohira was able to turn the hero on his side to access his back. After going through the layers of the capture scarf, he was finally able to reach and take off a small button-sized transmitter he had attached on the hero earlier, which he then promptly crushed with his fingers.

Adohira then looked back at the unconscious man, his eyes squinting.

"You're lucky Master Izuku likes you, Eraserhead-sensei." He told the Pro Hero, even though he knew he wouldn't hear him.

The man made of flames then stood up, all while looking down at the unconscious hero, then he kicked the Pro Hero slightly to return him to his original position.

He then turned his attention at one of the Hassai corpses there, the same one who clung to life and dared ask his name (and dirtied Adohira's uniform with his filthy hands, but we're not gonna talk about that).

He flipped the man over and started searching his body for something. Once he found what he was looking for, he frowned as his suspicions were proven right.

Adohira stood up and took something out from his pocket. It was an earpiece, the exact same one that Eraserhead had-- that all the heroes had, then he put it in his own ear.

None of the earpieces were labelled nor identifiable, they were all the same type of earpiece connected through one frequency. The only way to know who was talking is through their voice or through the person's verification of their identity.

Adohira's master told him that he had expected the heroes to use simple earpieces like this, and so, told him to take advantage of this fact. He was also given permission to take whatever course of action Adohira would deem necessary.

"Do what you need to do, even if it is at my own son's cost."

Adohira didn't understand what his master meant at the time, but now, seeing all the pieces laid in front of him, he finally understood.

Adohira cleared his throat, then he turned the earpiece on.

(a/n: 😐🖕 #CancelHisashi2021 #HisashiIsOverParty)

-

"Hanketsu!"

(translation: "Judgment")

The black Nomu went flying after receiving the full brunt of Izuku's super move at point blank, crashing on to the wall and creating a huge indent.

Izuku watched as the Nomu tried to move, but soon afterwards, it started shaking and shivering until it finally lost consciousness as the poison dart Izuku hit him earlier had finally started working.

Izuku looked at it in disgust as he turned around and threw away the arrow-shaped appendages he ripped from the Nomu when it tried to hit him with it.

The greenet then ran towards Gran Torino who was on the other side of that hallway. The veteran hero was finally able to pull himself out of the rubble after the effect of the Nomu's appendage wore off.

"Gran Torino, are you alright?" The greenet asked as he knelt in front of the old man to reach his height.

"I've been through much worse. It'll take more than this to kill me, kid." The old hero jokingly told the young hero-in-training as he chuckled. Izuku could only slightly smile underneath his mask.

"Come on, let's go regroup with Eraserhead and the police." Gran Torino told the greenet.

"Yes, sir." Izuku responded. But as they were about to leave, something in their comms came up.

"This is Team 1 leader, Sir Nighteye."

Izuku shuddered as he heard the Pro Hero's voice echo in his ear, and he instinctively lowered his head, making Sorahiko frown as he saw it.

"We need backup, immediately. Is there anyone who can come quickly?" The person over the comms continued.

"This is Gran Torino. Why? What's the problem?" Gran Torino asked.

"We got distracted by two black Nomu, Chisaki is escaping. We need assistance ASAP." The person told them.

Gran Torino was about to tell Nighteye he'll be heading over, when the person suddenly demanded someone else go instead, "Midoriya. You're coming here."

Izuku winced upon hearing that.

Sorahiko frowned and immediately denied Nighteye's demand, "No, I'm heading over there, Izuku'll--"

Sorahiko was suddenly cut off when a different familiar voice came on the comms, utter urgency could be heard in the tone of his voice, "Gran Torino, it's Eraserhead-- there's a problem at the Hassai lab!"

"Eraserhead, what is it? What's the problem?" Sorahiko tried getting more information.

"Gran Torino, you need to come here quickly! I don't know how long we can hold them off!" The second voice continued.

"Midoriya? Gran Torino? Is Midoriya coming over to assist?" The first voice interjected, continuing to demand the greenet.

Sorahiko gritted his teeth. He has no plans on letting Izuku go over to Nighteye, Izuku can be the one to go help Aizawa while I go head to Mirai's team. Yes, that's what we'll do. I can't let him go to Mirai. This kid has suffered enough.

Sorahiko turned towards the greenet to inform him of what he's decided they'll do, but he was taken aback when what greeted him was the sound of the greenet's lower mask unlocking and sight of his dear old friend's familiar smile.

"I'll go over and help Team 1." The greenet said as he stood up. "Go help Aizawa-sensei and the police officers."

"I'll be fine, Gran Torino. Don't worry." Izuku smiled at the veteran hero before bolting out of there, leaving Sorahiko unable to stop or reason with him.

Sorahiko gritted his teeth as he remembered his old friend.

-

Adohira let out a sigh as he turned off the earpiece he had. He couldn't help but feel sorry for his young master, and he remembered what his master told him afterwards that day.

"Izuku will do what is expected of him. And he'll do it no matter how reluctant he is. It's what I would do."

---

NOTES: This thing got unpublished. I dunno why.