CHAPTER ONE HUNDRED TWENTY-TWO: Truth II

Mirai watched as Katsuki aided the police in tying up the unconscious black Nomu. He then looked around at Kai Chisaki's empty office.

It was a huge office, probably three times larger than his own. It was a mess after their battle with the Nomu, but even with such a mess, Mirai could tell, there was nowhere anyone could hide.

Mirio then popped up from the floor and gave a report, "Sir, at the western wall, there's a path. The wall was thick enough that I almost missed it, but I'm sure Kai Chisaki escaped through it."

"Good job, Mirio." Mirai praised the blond, then he looked over to his other intern who just finished with assisting the police officers.

"Bakugo, come over here." Mirai called the explosive blond, prompting the latter to run over to them.

"Mirio," Mirai referred back to his student, "Point where the path is. Bakugo, you'll use your Explosion to open a path for us." He ordered.

After his two interns went to do their task, Mirai tried once again to contact the other teams. He opened his comm, but just like for the past dozen times, it was static. He wasn't receiving anything nor could he send anything out.

Could Chisaki have left a jammer here knowing his Nomu will be distracting us as he escapes so we can't inform the others? Mirai thought to himself.

No. They were unprepared, even this Nomu fighting us seemed like a spur-of-the-moment decision. Sacrificing his Nomu should've been a last resort... it is a last resort.

"Someone else planted the jammer." Mirai deduced, then he frowned as he remembered the brat, "The league planted it."

Mirai gritted his teeth, I'll settle everything with All for One after this is all done.

Mirai scowled, The plan will commence after Chisaki's capture. I'll use that monster's kid against him, and I'll finally end his reign of evil.

Mirai clenched his fists as he declared, I'll save All Might.

A loud explosion suddenly snapped Mirai out of this thoughts. He looked over to see the pathway finally cleared up.

He pushed all his thoughts about his plan to the back of his head, and he put his focus on the mission at hand, "Everyone, move out!"

-

A loud clap echoed through the maze halls of the Hassai hideout as Izuku traversed the place, running as fast as he could to reach the northern side of the floor.

...what's the hurry, kid?

Izuku bit his lips.

...there's no need to hurry, it's alright if we're just a little bit late...

...if we're lucky, maybe Nighteye'd be dead by the time we get there--

Izuku ran even faster as he shook his head to try and get all the ghosts' ideas off his head.

"Shut up! Shut up! SHUT UP! I-I can't let Nighteye die! I-I haven't proven him wrong yet! I'm going to prove him wrong about Dad!" Izuku yelled to the ghosts as tears started forming in his eyes, but none of them were impressed.

Izuku suddenly felt cold hands cup his face, making him shudder and look up to see an effeminate ghost so close to his face and looking him straight in the eye.

Such a foolish child. You don't want to prove Nighteye wrong, you just want to prove yourself wrong, because you and us ghosts all know that even before Nighteye, even before that day of the wager, you've already known that your father is--

"SHUUUUUT UUUUUPPP!!!!" Izuku let out multiple Air Cannons at the ghosts in anger, making their eyes go wide and causing them to vanish.

The multiple Air Cannons ravaged the hallway Izuku was in, cracking the walls and breaking the lights, leaving only a few flickering ones in the now dim hallway.

Izuku was left wide-eyed and panting alone where he stood.

"Dad's not... he's not..." His hands made their way to his head, grasping his hair as he continued to whisper and tell himself that his father's not--

Izuku's eyes teared up.

The hood of his hero costume was blown off by his earlier rampage, revealing the black eye he received from Sir Nighteye.

Izuku gritted his teeth and he bit his lips to stop himself from shedding tears.

"Hang in there, Izuku." Tenko's voice echoed in his mind. Izuku took a deep breath and started haphazardly wiping the tears off his eyes.

He let out a deep breath then he activated the Quirk he was using earlier, Activate, Echolocation.

Izuku activated Muscle Augmentation on his arms then he clapped. The sound traveled and echoed far.

After receiving the information from Echolocation, he deactivated it and activated his speed Quirks as he pulled his hood over his head.

Thank you, Tenko. Izuku let out a deep breath as he thanked his brother in his mind. He got on a runner's crouch, then he sprinted out and away the dim hallway.

---

NOTES: If it wasn't clear yet that Izuku already knows and is just in denial after this chapter, I'm gonna go strangle somebody. >:v

On another note-- whaaaat? Two chapters in one day? Holy shit!

Also, for some reason, my brother thought the effeminate ghost that cupped Izuku's face was Mama Inko, someone tell him he's craaazyy :>