CHAPTER SEVEN: Dad

Izuku took a deep breath. He patted his forehead where his injury was. Recovery Girl's Quirk is amazing, it's like he was never even injured. Recovery Girl said that it wasn't serious so that was something to be grateful for, with or without her healing Quirk.

The quiet of the room was shattered by Izuku's phone. Seeing it was Tenko, he answered, "Hello?"

"WHAT ON EARTH HAPPENED?!" Izuku had to distance the phone from his ear because of the suddenness of his brother's voice. Not wanting to hurt his eardrums, Izuku pressed loudspeaker.

"Hey, Tenko. H-how's work?"

"Don't detract from the question, Izuku. I got a call from your school about an injury. Where'd you get it?" Tenko insisted an answer.

"Well... you see, in a desperation to get an interview with All Might, the media broke through the gates, which kinda set off the alarms. Chaos ensued and we got stuck in a hallway. In the panic, I was pushed towards the window glass, where I hit my head too hard--but don't worry! It's fine now. Recovery Girl already healed it." Izuku answered.

Izuku expected a reaction, but he got nothing. The other side was quiet, eerily quiet.

"Tenko?"

A few more seconds past before Tenko said something.

"I'm sorry, little brother." Tenko's voice was low and soft.

Izuku was confused, "What for?"

"Don't worry about it, Tenko. It was just a little wound. No permanent damage. It's not like I broke bones." Izuku laughed.

But his laugh died down when Izuku noticed that he wasn't getting any reaction from the other side.

"Tenko?"

"..."

"Tenko, you still there?"

"..."

"Tenkooo~?"

The call ended. Did I say something?

Izuku contemplated calling his older brother but before he could do so, the clinic's doors snapped open and his friends entered and ran towards him.

"Izuku! Are you okay?" -- Ochaco

"That was a risky move, breaking the glass, you could've gotten more hurt!" -- Tenya while chopping the air

"You're fine, now, right?" -- Shouto--wait, you're also here?

"Guys, guys. I'm fine. Recovery Girl already had it covered. She had me miss afternoon classes because she was worried I might get a little lightheaded, but really, I'm fine." Izuku told his friends and they eased up.

But tensed up again due to surprise when Izuku's phone ringed. It was his dad.

"We'll be outside." Tenya told him and the three of them proceeded to walk away.

Izuku answered and put him on loudspeaker, "Hey, Dad. I assume you heard from the school and-or Tenko?"

"Yes. Are you okay now? Because I can get our family doctor to check up on you."

"No, I'm okay now, Dad." Izuku chuckled.

"Good." Hisashi's voice sounded truly relieved.

"Are your friends there?" Hisashi suddenly asked. The three who were about to leave the room looked back.

"Can I talk to them?"

Izuku was a little confused but he asked his friends and it was okay to them so okay.

Tenya, Ochaco, and Shouto walked back to Izuku.

"Hello, Midoriya-san. Nice to meet you." Tenya started the discussion. "I'm Tenya Iida."

"My name is Ochaco Uraraka."

"Shouto Todoroki."

"Todoroki?! As in Endeavor Enji Todoroki? You're his son? That must be amazing." Hisashi commented.

"Not really." Shouto whispered.

"I thought so. I never liked the man. He felt wrong for a hero." The man replied to Shouto, which made the heterochromic boy wince. He heard that?

"Daaad." Izuku voiced his slight frustration. "I'm sorry about that, he can be very blunt. Especially, with heroes."

"I'm voicing my opinions. Is that wrong?" Everyone chuckled at the man's words.

"Tenya, Shouto, Ochaco," The three tensed up at the man's mention of their names. "I would like to thank you for being friends with my son. I was worried he would be a social outcast since the only social interactions he's had outside of me and his brother are his interactions with our servants at home. He's been homeschooled since 4, you see. So I'm glad he has friends already, even though the school year has just started."

Homeschooled? Shouto took notice of that specific statement.

"No problem, Midoriya-san. Izuku is an amazing person to be with, we're glad to be his friends." Ochaco replied.

"Ah, well then. I need to go. Bye, Izuku. Bye, everyone." The call ended. Izuku wore a big smile after hearing how happy his father sounded.

"Your Dad is nice, Izu-kun." Ochaco smiled at him. Izuku could only smile and nod at the compliment.

"He's coming home this year after six years of being abroad so I'm excited." Izuku told them.

"After six years? Why? Where did he go?" Shouto asked, curious.

"He had to go away to handle job matters when I was 9. He hasn't come home since, but we still had regular communication through calls. But it's still much better to have him here."

His friends looked concerned but they chose to wear a smile to mirror the smile on Izuku's face. He looks happy so they should be happy.

---

Izuku was homeschooled. Then it proves my theory, he was trained from a young age--like me. But not like the way I was.

Shouto punched the wall of his room. His bicolored eyes were full of rage.

Izuku was trained to use his Quirk effectively but without all the hardships he gave me. Couldn't he do the same?! Izuku's father is a nice man and loves Izuku so why couldn't he be a father like Midoriya-san?

Shouto grimaced. He went through memories of the abuse he had to torment from that man when he could've done it differently.

---