CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN: Win

"I want to help Shinsou! I want the two of us to get over our fears."

Izuku's words echoed in Shota's mind as he sat on top of a utility pole just before the escape gate.

That kid definitely has what it takes to be a hero. Shota thought. His brother, however...

That man is Tomura Shigaraki, I'm certain of it. But if he is, then why would he let his brother become a hero? He certainly seems against it, so why let his brother go to UA? Is it to act as a spy?

Hm... not likely.

During that first breach, he was responsible for calming down the student body, and in the process, he injured himself. He was also present during the attack at USJ, he even threw a punch at his own brother, like he was just another villain attacking. If he had disappeared during that attack, I would've concluded that he was a spy.

Izuku definitely has no idea that Tomura is his brother, Shota thought. He's simply attending UA as a normal student.

Shota stood up and looked around at the suburb styled training ground.

(a/n: the one where Momo and Shoto faced Aizawa in the anime)

"Now then, let's see what type of strategy you two will come up with."

---

"He's right in front of our escape." Izuku reported as he looked out the window.

Shinsou was amazed at how the inside of the house looked like a real one, complete with furniture and appliances. Just how much is this school's annual budget? But more importantly...

"Why does a rich kid like you know how to pick locks?" Shinsou asked.

Izuku chuckled nervously, "One of our servants actually taught me."

"So do you have some kind of plan? I assume you already have one since you planned to be paired off with me." Shinsou asked as he walked nearer Izuku.

"Huh?"

Shinsou frowned. "'Huh?' What do you mean 'huh?'"

Izuku wore an awkward face and then he chuckled nervously.

"No way, don't tell me..."

"I actually didn't think my plan will work." Izuku rubbed the back of his head.

"The truth is... even earlier, before I finally had the courage to talk to you, I was still seeing those black things, those ghosts." Izuku explained.

"Ghosts?"

"Mm. Even now, they're still here- but it's not as bad as they were before." Izuku immediately backed down.

"All I want to say is, I'm just glad we're on good terms now." Izuku said with a smile.

"Shinsou, I'm glad we're friends."

Shinsou forced a smile underneath his mask.

The atmosphere got awkward and it was silent for a minute until Izuku broke it.

"Right! A plan. Yes."

---

Shota definitely plans to guard that escape no matter what. He knows both of the conditions for the Quirks of the two heroes in training and he also has more experience, so he has quite an advantage.

According to Shinsou, who trained under him during internships, going against him felt more like he was a toddler trying to beat an adult.

However.

Aizawa-sensei relies on his speed and agility to quickly subdue his opponents but he's handicapped just for the test, so his speed and agility dropped.

That's what Shinsou and Izuku are counting on.

Using Power Limb on his legs, Izuku jumped up from a roof towards their escape.

Immediately, Shota noticed him, You're not getting pass me that easily!

He activated his Quirk which shrunk Izuku's legs, then he threw him down to the ground. But he didn't expect the boy to grab onto his capture scarf and drag him down with him.

The two of them managed to maneuver themselves and land fine. Then Izuku wrapped the cloth around his arm a couple of times to make sure his teacher can't leave.

So he's going to keep me here while Shinsou escapes?

Shota smirked, "Don't think it'll be that easy to hold me here!"

Shota ran towards Izuku, and sent a kick his way. Only to be shocked when the boy easily deflected it by changing its direction using the palm of his hand.

Izuku counterattacked with a kick of his own which Shota narrowly avoided. On instinct, the latter immediately distanced himself.

I definitely cancelled his Quirk, which means when he deflected my kick, that was all technique. Not to mention, unlike his usual fighting style, he actually sent a kick towards me. Shota thought.

Martial arts, huh? I see. So that's why you're the one facing me while Shinsou escapes. Even without your Quirk, you're still very capable. Shota smirked. Truly, Plus Ultra.

Izuku tightened his grip on the capture cloth.

Shota let out a sharp breath before he charged towards the boy again. Now with the knowledge that the greenette is a skilled martial artist, he sent attacks without holding back.

The pro hero and hero in training exchanged blow after blow. Izuku deflected Shota's attacks while Shota avoided Izuku's.

In a span of a few seconds, the two had sent out dozens of attacks, none of which has landed on their intended targets.

This whole time, Shota's eyes had been open, for two reasons. One was to see where Izuku would be attacking, and two to cancel out the boy's Quirk because if the boy were to regain his Quirk while they were exchanging blows, it would mean defeat for Shota.

However, because of the injuries he acquired during the attack on USJ, the time Shota has to use his Quirk decreased.

And that was what the duo had been waiting for.

As his hair was falling and before Shota could fully close his eyes, Izuku's lips moved and in Izuku's voice, he heard, "It's our win."

"Wh-"

The last thing Shota saw before everything became hazy was Izuku's smirk.

---

From behind a building nearby, Shinsou appeared.

"I can't believe you expected me to fight you during the Sports Festival when you're a martial artist." Shinsou told the greenette.

Izuku chuckled as Shinsou walked over to handcuff Aizawa-sensei.

The truth is their plan was never to have Shinsou escape while Izuku was distracting Aizawa-sensei. Their plan was to capture him by using Shinsou's Quirk to incapacitate him.

The only way to do this was to trick him to think the former was their plan, and then surprise him at his most vulnerable state, as he's about to blink while exchanging blows with Izuku.

After Recovery Girl announces their win, Shinsou snapped their teacher out of his brainwashed state.

The moment Shota returned to normal, he gave the two boys a proud smile.

"You two did a great job."

---