CHAPTER EIGHTY-FIVE: Changes III

NOTES: Funny story, I've been rewriting my notes for the past few days and I forgot that this story was still at the Nighteye Agency arc. I only realized halfway through writing! 😂😭 I thought we were already on my long awaited puking scene!

---

Nezu took a sip from his cup with some delight. After he set the cup down, he looked over to his faculty members.

"Nice to see that everyone is present. We will now begin this faculty meeting." He stated.

"Our first order of business, the first year's hero work studies." Nezu stated, immediately making the teachers present tense. Before Nezu could continue speaking, Shota immediately voiced his concerns.

"Nezu, is it really wise to let the first years conduct hero work studies? Now that All Might is retired, there will be a spike in crimes."

Then Toshinori interjected, "I have to agree with Shota on this, Nezu. We cannot let the children go out to a more dangerous field. They're only first years, after all."

Sekijiro disagreed, "With all due respect, All Might, we've let first years take on work studies for years. Why stop them now? These first years were able to get pass the 10% passing rate, compared to the previous years that had to deal with a 50% passing rate."

"Sekijiro, I understand where you're coming from." Nemuri stated, "But the streets have become much more dangerous—"

"That's exactly why we should let them conduct work studies." Snipe interrupted her, "If we expect them to take over the hero industry one day, then it would be a good idea to expose them to the industry they'll inherit."

"They're still children." Nemuri stood her ground. The room became tense.

"Ahem." Nezu broke the tension, and now all eyes were back on him.

"Good. I've caught your attention. I know that we have different stances on the subject, but I've come up with a compromise."

Nezu took a sip from his tea before continuing, "As I was about to say before I was interrupted, I've decided that it is up to their class advisers to let their students know about the hero work studies."

"They may be children, but they have already acquired their licenses which declares them as our fellow heroes. If they wish to conduct hero work studies, they only need to find an agency willing to take them in." Nezu explained.

(a/n: are we sure we should let a rat-dog-bear thing with a vendetta against humans be in charge of an institution full of human children?)

--

"Alright, everyone! Stay in formation!" Momo reminded everyone as they left the dorms to head to Ground Beta for the beginning of semester address. She and Izuku, as the president and vice president of the class, led the two lines.

On their way, their class met up with Class B who were also walking towards Ground Beta. Izuku attempted to greet his president counterpart good morning, but he was prevented from doing so when Neito appeared.

"YOU!!! YOU HID THAT SUPER MOVE OF YOURS FROM US! THEN YOU FLAUNTED IT AT THE LICENSE EXAM?! YOU SHOWOFFFFF!!!" Neito exclaimed accusingly as he stood behind Juzo, using the latter as some type of guard from the greenet.

Izuki could only chuckle nervously, "Even I didn't expect it to be so powerful..."

"AS IF WE'D BELIEVE A LIE LIKE THA-" Before he could continue that sentence, he was smacked on the back of his head by Itsuka.

"That's enough." She said, then she apologized to Izuku, "I'm really sorry you had to deal with him this early in the morning."

"No, no, no, it's fine." Izuku told her. Then he realized, "Wait, how did he know about what happened at the exam?"

"Oh, talk about it has been going around SNS since yesterday. A few photos and videos are starting to get viral, especially videos of Gang Orca being pushed back." Itsuka explained as she brought out her phone and showed the greenet the various posts about his super move.

"That's the second time you went viral." Denki suddenly appeared and hung his arm around Izuku, "Lucky~"

"I would've preferred if I wasn't." Izuku nervously said.

"But how was the exam for you guys?" Izuku changed the topic, and asked the Class B. All of sudden, Neito regained consciousness and started boasting.

"HA! MUCH BETTER THAN CLASS A, THAT'S FOR SURE! NONE OF US FAILED, IN CONTRAST TO YOUR CLASS WHERE ONE FAILED! AND IT HAPPENED TO BE TODOROKI! WHAT ARE THE CHANCES?! HAHAHAHAHA!" Now, he also had Awase standing in front of him alongside Juzo as a block.

(a/n: pussy)

That statement immediately earned him another smack at the back of the head.

"I apologize again." Itsuka bowed her head.

--

"Welcome back, students. I'm glad to see you return." Nezu began his speech, "I hope you've found your new homes just like your own."

"Although it's not obvious to you humans, my lifestyle and diet have been awry this past month, much due to the recent incidents. I understand that some of you may be feeling uneasy as well. Our society will undoubtedly be affected negatively by All Might's retirement, but know that the heroes and police are doing their best to fill the hole left by the Symbol of Peace."

Nezu paused, then continued, "As a hero school- no, as a formal institution tasked with raising the next generation, we acknowledge that it is our duty to develop you into worthy individuals that will one day take over their efforts. And I hope that you acknowledge your duty as this society's successors as well."

"That is all, dear students. You may now go to your classrooms." Nezu finished.

---

NOTES: Time for a survey! What are you guys' opinions on Hisashi? I'm curious.

(I'm aware this question is from out of nowhere. I was supposed to ask it on Chapter 83, but with how long writing that thing took, I completely forgot I was supposed to ask it, until now.)

On another note, CHISAKI, FUCKING PREPARE YOUR ASS!!! >=D
THE BROTHERS ARE COMING FOR YOU!!!