CHAPTER ONE HUNDRED SEVEN: Clones II

After the members of the league had returned from their mission, they all met with Tomura at the lounge area to report what they had discovered that night: the Hassai having a Nomu and that that Nomu didn't have its higher brain functions ceased.

Of course, a Nomu being able to talk and think for itself like a human isn't news to Tomura. After all, Kurogiri and his 'aniki', Adohira are examples of Nomu that have their own persons.

"But this Nomu was peculiar." Kurogiri commented, making the members of the league look over to him.

"A talking Nomu is very much 'peculiar'." Magne retorted.

"No, I meant, for a middle tier Nomu to have its own individuality and distinct idiolect... even Dr. Ujiko's High-Ends still lack the ability to speak and create proper sentences, yet this middle tier could?" Kurogiri noted, to which Tomura nodded in agreement to.

"That is peculiar." Tomura said in a low and thinking voice.

"Wait, what's a High-End?" Someone had asked, to which Kurogiri tried to explain, but Tenko didn't pay much attention to their conversation. He simply pushed them to the background while he tugged on his chin and thought.

A middle tier Nomu whose brain functions are comparable to those of Kurogiri and Adohira's... to those of normal humans... I'd understand if it retained some part of its former self, but after hearing my members' accounts, it would be more rational to think that it had regained its former self. Like it was a normal human inside a Nomu's body.

Tomura sneered, Well, considering that shitstain's Quirk, it's not farfetched to think that he probably 'overhauled' the Nomu's brain and--

"Tomura?" Someone called his villain name, making him snap out of his thoughts and muttering. Tenko looked over to them and gave them a confused look, "What?"

"You're doing that weird thing again." Magne told him, making Tenko raise a brow.

"What weird thing? The muttering?" He asked, then he explained, "It's just something I do to help me think clearly."

"But one thing's clear to me already." Tomura stated as he stood up from his seat, "The night he attacked one of the Nomu labs, he took with him the Nomu that were there, maybe four or five of them, then he returned their state of mind back to how they used to be--"

Tenko paused, then he suddenly realized, "He returned their state of mind...?"

He tugged on his chin, then he continued, Yes. He returned them. He couldn't have reprogrammed them. No. That would've been way too complicated to do. It's not something he can do and succeed in just a little over two weeks, even with his Quirk-- but then that would mean--

"It wasn't a random attack like I had thought." Tenko raised his head as if it'd lit up, then he gave an order, "Kurogiri, I need to know who were the subjects in the lab that was attacked, and the logs as well. Give me a report as soon as possible."

"As you wish." Kurogiri said before disappearing.

"Hey, hey, what's wrong?-- What'd you figure out, Tomura?" Jin asked.

"It's possible that the Nomu he'd stolen used to be his former subordinates." Tomura answered, then he added, "If that is the case, then that would mean he had been eyeing that lab for a while."

"Tch. I totally missed it." Tenko cursed. Then--

"There's also one thing." Tomura's clone suddenly spoke up after staying quiet this whole time, making the original look over to him, "What is it?"

"The shipments they were supposed to receive tonight. When we sent Kurogiri and the others to intervene, we had no idea what they were supposed to be. Only that it was important for their organization." The clone stated, "But earlier, I figured out what those shipments were."

The original Tomura furrowed his brows.

"The shipments were humans."

The original's eyes went wide after what his clone said. He was taken aback for a few moments, then he suddenly sneered. He couldn't help but let out a slight chuckle, "Just like that damn Ujiko."

The clone smirked, "You caught on quite fast."

"Oh? Was that the reason you were quiet this whole time? You were timing me?" The original asked with a sneer.

"You would have gotten mad at me if I straight up told you." The clone wore a ominously sweet smile, which the original mirrored back.

"I guess you're right. Where would've been the fun in that?"

The two Tomuras smirked.

"This is creepy-- So cool!" Stated Jin, which made the two Tomuras chuckle. But soon after, the two of them turned serious.

"But with these new revelations..."

"It would mean we'd have to change our previous plan."

The two Tomuras furrowed their brows, then the original cursed, "Dammit. And I was looking forward to playing around with our birdy friend."

The clone chuckled, "Yeah. 'While he lays the bricks on one side of his castle, we'll take away the bricks on the other side.' That was the plan, right?"

The original scoffed, "But now, we can't afford to waste time. Not now that we believe Chisaki has the information he needs to understand how the Nomu work."

The clone sneered at the original's statement, then the two of them said in unison.

"Not now that we know Chisaki plans to make Nomu of his own."

---

NOTES: Short update! Whoo!
Just needed to take care of this one then off to a new day!

😭 We are so close to the ending of this event! Afterwards, it's off to the raid! XD

Also, yes, I'm aware that the way I write Sins can get downright confusing, but bare with me, 'kay? ^^"

On another note, Hisashi, don't ever let Tenko have a cloning Quirk. It's creepy.