CHAPTER THIRTY: Dr. Ujiko

The next day, Izuku and Tenya were still at the hospital. Since Stain wasn't actually caught, there were no news reported about him. Tensei and Kugo also took the blame for Tenya and Izuku's reckless actions, so there weren't any major repercussions for the young heroes-in-training, only a session of Chief Tsuragamae lecturing them.

Afterwards, Kugo and Tensei left to make their official reports about the incident, leaving Tenya and Izuku to rest at the hospital. Tenya was mostly fine, but he will need to undergo surgery to fix his arm that was injured. With Izuku, however...

After a closer look at Izuku's limbs, it would appear that he actually broke his bones.

Izuku was simply looking down at his arms inside casts. Tenya couldn't help but feel bad as he watched such a sad scene. It was his fault after all.

"Izuku, I'm really sorry." Tenya told his current roommate. Izuku looked at his classmate and gave a smile.

"Don't be. I chose to save you and Tensei. I wouldn't have forgiven myself if either one of you died and the other has to suffer for it." Izuku told him.

Tenya bit his lips. He wants to apologize once more but he knows Izuku will simply deny him the chance to take the blame.

The two boys' attention were swiftly caught by the sound of the door opening and the arrival of a bald, old man with weird goggles. He was wearing a white coat so Tenya assumed he was a doctor.

"Dr. Ujiko! You're here?" Izuku exclaimed.

"Izuku, do you know this man?" Tenya asked. Izuku nodded.

"Yeah. He's a friend of my dad and is our family doctor." Izuku answered.

"Hisashi-kun sent me here after he got the call informing him about Izuku here. The hospital allowed me in since I am officially Izuku-kun's physician." The doctor explained as he walked towards Izuku.

"Tsk. But to think that the next time I would have to check on you because of your Quirk is during your studies to be a hero... heh, I suppose that's expected." Dr. Ujiko chuckled.

"Heroes always have to push themselves to the limit whenever they face off a powerful villain. Even when they know it could destroy them, if it means saving one person, they'll do it. That's what makes them annoying." The doctor commented as he was checking on Izuku's limbs.

So even Izuku's doctor dislikes heroes? Tenya was thinking. For Izuku to want to become a hero even when he's surrounded by people who don't like them...

"Ah! I almost forgot." Dr. Ujiko said all of a sudden.

"Your brother wanted to talk to you. He's probably waiting for us to call him. He couldn't reach you so he asked me to call him once I'm here." The doctor said as he took out his phone and started dialing Tenko.

Dr. Ujiko handed over the phone to Izuku. As the phone was ringing, Izuku put it on loudspeaker. If Tenko is calling after he got injured, then there's no doubt there'll be a lot of angry shouting.

Then finally, they got an answer.

"Hey, Tenko—"

"WHAT ON EARTH WERE YOU DOING IN HOSU?!" Tenko started.

"Ingenium had asked Gang Orca to come and he brought me along. We didn't know the League of Villains were going to—"

"Goodness, Izuku! I just left and you already got hurt because of your hero studies. Maybe I should've pulled you out of hero studies, after all." Tenko said in the other line.

"Tenko, please..." Izuku felt something break inside of him. Is this it? Is this finally it? He'll have to quit?

"Now, now, Tenko." Dr. Ujiko interjected, "I don't think it's fair that Izuku will have to quit because of something coincidental. He was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time."

"Being a hero hopeful means having to act like a hero on the road to become one, even if it means breaking a few bones along the way, isn't that right, Izuku-kun?" Dr. Ujiko looked at the greenette.

Izuku simply nodded. Tenko was silent.

"But of course, I would still advise you to refrain from breaking any of your limbs." Dr. Ujiko added.

Tenko grumbled and finally agreed, "Fine. But my decision still stands. Next time you get hurt and it's while your teachers are around, then you're out of hero studies."

Then he hung up.

"So stubborn, Hisashi-kun's eldest. Just like him, I suppose." Dr. Ujiko commented.

"Thank you, Dr. Ujiko." Izuku smiled.

"Hm? Don't mention it. I just said what Hisashi-kun would've told your brother." The doctor replied.

"But Dr. Ujiko, I was wondering." Izuku suddenly said.

"Hm?"

"Um, well... why did my bones break? I mean, the last time I used my Quirk at full power, my bones only weakened but they didn't fully break. So why did they break this time?" Izuku asked.

(translation: "full power" means "every strengthening and reinforcement Quirk in his arsenal")

Dr. Ujiko sighed and explained, "The last time you used your Quirk was two years ago, correct? Well, since then, your Quirk has gotten more powerful. Meanwhile, your body has remained at a more or less stagnant state. Compared to how much power your Quirk has accumulated and your body's current state, it would be at least five more decades before you can ever use your Quirk like you could two years ago."

(translation: "power" refers to the Quirks Izuku has gathered)

Five more decades? Izuku was distraught. Dr. Ujiko isn't one for exaggeration, if he says it would take Izuku 50 years before he could use his Quirk again, then he means it.

"I recommend not trying to use full power at all. If you ask me, might as well just change your Quirk." The doctor told him.

(translation: "USE A DIFFERENT QUIRK COMBO, DAMMIT!" — miss author)

The room became quiet for 30 seconds or so but you can feel a thin air of dread in that half minute.

"I'll be taking my leave now. I'll leave this medicine here, you should take it after every meal. You should rest here until it's time to go back to school. Your bones should be fully healed by then." Dr. Ujiko told Izuku as he placed a pill bottle on the table beside the boy's bed.

"I hope to see you soon, Izuku-kun." Dr. Ujiko said on his way to the door.

"But not too soon." He then added.

Izuku simply smiled.

---

NOTES: I feel like I keep forgetting what I'm supposed to say in here.

Edit: I remember now! This is the first story I've written to ever reach 30 parts! At least, on this account. Because I'm pretty sure I have a story from my old account that reached 30 parts but I never got around to publishing the actual 30th part.