CHAPTER NINETY-SIX: Organizations

NOTES: Underworld shit is difficult shit. Both when dealing with it, and when writing it.

---

Tenko sat on the sofa, a little disappointed and a little perplexed, while the rest of the league cleaned up the mess and tidily piled up the thirty bodies from the other party. The members present were Dabi, Jin, Kenji, and Kurogiri.

The five men I sent ahead were undoubtedly killed off after their report. As for the people I was supposed to meet... should I be praising them or should I be calling them idiots? Was this an assassination attempt from the start? Very likely. But why? Why throw away this partnership with us? Is it because of the heroes' lie that Dad's locked in jail? No, I feel like I'm missing something. An important piece of the puzzle. Tenko mumbled.

As Tenko continued to mumble, someone suddenly removed his hand mask and used it to lightly hit the top of the unbothered Tenko's head.

"Hey, shouldn't you also be helping us with all this mess?" The culprit asked.

Tenko stopped his mumbling and nonchalantly took his hand back before telling the person, "You jinxed this whole thing and inconvenienced the rest of the league. If anything, you should be doing all the work."

The culprit (Dabi) frowned.

"Can you stop acting like a child?" Said Dabi.

"Only if you stop acting all emo." Tomura retorted.

"I think spending most of your free times with each other is making you two awfully close." Kenji interjected, while Jin can be seen in the background exaggerated-praying for the dead to rest peacefully.

"Are you two still on the friend stage or are you two already besties?" Kenji jokingly asked them as she leaned on her huge magnet after finishing her part of the cleaning.

The two young men just stared at her, undoubtedly both thinking how ludicrous her statements were.

After Kurogiri finished transporting the pile of bodies with his Quirk, Tomura stood up from the sofa with a jump as black mist surrounded them and they were transported back to their hideout.

"Now, all that's left is for the cleaners to make it seem like nothing happened. It would be a pain if the heroes found out about all that." Tomura stated.

"You would've gotten a lot more busy, isn't that right, oniichan~?" Dabi teased him with his latest nickname.

"Whaaat?! You two are brothers?!-- I don't see it." Jin shook his head, making Kurogiri and Dabi chuckle a little.

Tomura rolled his eyes as he removed the hand on his face. He had a retort in mind but decided against it, instead, choosing to retreat to his room for the night, "If you people need me, I'll be in my room, sleeping soundly." He said as he exited through the room's door.

As he walked through the corridor to his room, he began thinking more about what had occurred that night. Though he had told his companions that he'd be sleeping soundly, he actually only wanted some peace and quiet while he thought. There was something about this assassination attempt that felt off to him.

The men we fought were C-rank at best. If they wanted me dead, they would've gotten more higher ranking men. So what was all that about? They just ended up incriminating themselves in my eyes and in the eyes of our whole organization. Tenko muttered as he walked.

There's more to this than I can tell. Just what did they aim to accomplish by orchestrating an assassination attempt that was destined to fail? I'm missing a lot more pieces.

Tenko furrowed his brows, I have a bad feeling that if I don't get to the bottom of this, this might end up becoming catastrophic, not just for me and the league, but for everything Dad's worked hard for.

He clenched his fists, That's something I won't allow. Not after I just succeeded him.

-

In a luxurious looking office somewhere, a man with a plague doctor mask sat behind a large desk. Two black creatures standing on either sides of the table.

Sitting on a long sofa a few meters away from the man's desk, were three men in nice clothes. Two of them were visibly built larger thanks to their Quirks. One of them even had the face of a feeble old man. The remaining man meanwhile, was the opposite of his masculine companions. Instead, he had a effeminate appearance, that would've made anyone mistake him for a woman.

"We've done what you ask, Overhaul." The old man stated, "By staging an assassination attempt during our supposed meetup, we've completely made Tomura Shigaraki and his league into our enemies."

"That's all what we needed to do, correct?" The effeminate man asked to clarify.

Kai simply stared at them with his chin resting on his intertwined fingers, making the three men anxious. Anxious over the fact that they might get rejected by the man in front of them, after they had just cut off their ties with All for One's organization just to join him.

But their worries were partially put to rest after Kai seemingly smiled at them underneath his mask. Then Kai said the sentence they were waiting for him to say.

"Welcome to the Hassai Organization."

---

NOTES: Writing this arc's gonna be a fun ride, I can just tell! /s

On another note, HISASHI, WHAT THE FUCK WERE YOU THINKING PASSING OVER MANAGEMENT OF YOUR ENTIRE CRIMINAL ORGANIZATION TO A 20 YEAR-OLD?!

It's like if an 80 year-old CEO passed over managing his entire company to his 2 year-old grandson-- holy shit!