CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE: Shinsou

NOTES: This was already 75% when I made that announcement so might as well finish it before I disappear for weeks to a month again.

---

Only two more days till their Final Exams. Thanks to their study party, the whole class has been showing results. Without a doubt, everyone in 1-A will pass their exams.

Another session will be held tonight at the Midoriya household.

"Ah, wait!" Izuku exclaimed making his friends stop. Izuku opened up his bag and scrounged around for something, his face looking a bit more worried the longer the object was not found.

"What's wrong, Izuku?" Ochaco asked.

"I think I forgot my hero journal back at the classroom." He said as he continued to look for it inside his bag. After realizing the notebook really wasn't there, he decided, "I'll just go get it."

"We'll go with you." Ochaco suggested.

"No, thank you. I'll go get it by myself. It shouldn't take long. I'll meet you guys at the gate!" Izuku said as he ran back to their classroom.

---

"How could I be so forgetful? I can't believe I forgot my hero journal like that." He sighed as he walked in the hallway back from their classroom.

"Could it be that the stress of the Final Exams is getting to me?" Izuku tugged on his chin.

Well, considering the stakes, I guess I would be a little nervous. Going camping with my friends and classmates plus training for hero studies?! That would be amazing! I definitely wouldn't want to miss out! Izuku's eyes sparkled and he smiled to himself.

At the same time he was walking through a certain hallway, Shinso and Aizawa-sensei are having their regularly scheduled (actually, just whenever it's needed) meeting in Aizawa-sensei's office.

Their regularly scheduled meetings actually ended after Hero Studies ended. After that, their meetings were more sporadic, more similar to the secret meetings All Might also has with Katsuki.

(The two teachers have no idea about the other one's secret meetings, though.)

Most students had no idea that after classes, Shinsou would often meet up with Aizawa-sensei in his office just to talk about the latter's frets.

Which is why the name Izuku heard as he walked along this certain hallway sent shock and chill down his spine.

"Shinsou, why haven't you been using your Quirk? Shouldn't you be training with it as well?"

Izuku froze at the mention of Shinsou.

"How exactly can I train it? It literally just needs the other guy to respond. I just need to provoke my foe, right? Training my body is much more important." Shinsou answered.

"That's not what I meant. You deflected the question again."

There was a pause.

"Is this because of what happened to Izuku?" Aizawa asked.

Izuku flinched. Shinsou stayed silent.

It stayed quiet for a few more seconds then Shinsou finally responded.

"If you're worried about how I'll do in the Practical Exam, don't worry, I can handle it."

Izuku heard the dark purplette get off his seat. Acting quickly, he ran back to a corner without making a sound.

The door to Aizawa's office opened and out walked the dark purplette.

"See you tomorrow, sensei." Shinsou waved as he walked away. The door was heard closing.

For what felt like hours, Izuku stayed still and silent. Though he was still, his mind was racing.

Izuku clenched his fist then he went on his way.

---

"In your practical exams, you will be facing against your teachers."

Widened eyes and exclaims of shock and worry were brought upon by the announcement unto the Class of 1-A.

"No way! We thought we were going to fight the robots!"

"Fighting Pro Heroes?! No way can we win!"

"Before you lot start panicking," Aizawa-sensei spoke, "Please be aware that we will give you handicaps."

Even I'm not that sadistic. Shota thought to himself.

(a/n: you must be thinking of Kallego-sensei, the i-will-watch-my-students-die-and-sip-tea-while-doing-it teacher)

To the shock of the students, the Principal suddenly jumped out of Aizawa-sensei's capture scarf.

"Has he been there this whole time?"

"Due to the recent surge of villain attacks, it has become imperative that we update your exams, make it more accurate. Your class is the first to undertake this new format." Nezu explained.

"You will form pairs and each pair will face the teacher assigned to them. There are two ways to pass. One is to handcuff their teacher, and the other is for one of them to escape the battlefield." Nezu finished.

Then a hand was raised.

Everyone's attention was on that person.

"Um... have you already paired us?"

"Ye-"

"Is it possible to be paired with a specific person?"

Everyone was left speechless.

It was a stupid question. This is an exam meant to test them. If he was given the choice to choose who he'd want to pair with, and he chooses someone who he can work easily with, and has the perfect Quirk to work alongside his then...

Despite this, Shota decided to entertain the idea, "Alright then."

"Izuku... who would you like to be paired with?"
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
"Sir, I would like to be paired with Shinsou."

---

NOTES: A cliffhanger? Whaaaat?