CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX: Deal

NOTES: A continuation? Whaaaaat???

---

"Sir, if you could, please." Izuku said as he bowed. As he looked at the ground, he clenched his fist.

The whole class was worried. They all looked at each other in confusion, what on Earth is happening?

"Izuku, are you sure about this? You know what happened last time." Ochaco asked.

"She's right, Izuku. Are you really sure?" Shoto agreed.

Keeping his head down, Izuku nodded. "Yes, I'm sure, so please, pair me with Shinso."

Now, everyone's eyes was on the boy with dark purple hair, who was the most shocked person there. Though his eyes are often half-closed, at that moment, he couldn't stop them from widening.

The teachers looked at each other in confusion. What's Izuku's goal in this?

"I should've known entertaining that idea was a bad idea." Shota said as he started walking towards the still bowing Izuku. He was giving off an intimidating aura and the students knew better to give way.

"Even from the start, you were illogical. Giving your best at the Recommendations Exam then immediately backing down in your first test in class. But this..."

Now, Shota was right in front of Izuku, who was still bowing.

"This may be the most illogical decision you've ever made."

Izuku winced.

The sound of fast moving cloth surrounded Izuku and before he realized it, Shota was carrying him away from the group.

"Principal, please, continue. I'm just going to have a word with Izuku."

---

It didn't take ten minutes before Aizawa-sensei returned with Izuku, who was now walking freely.

When they came back, the pairs have already been announced and formed. The only ones who still haven't formed their pairs were Izuku, who just returned, Shinsou, and the would-be partners of the two.

Shota walked over to Nezu and whispered something to the Principal.

Nezu was first unsure but after a while, he was convinced.

"Izuku Midoriya and Shinsou Hitoshi." Nezu called the two boys' names.

"You two will pair up and will face against Aizawa-sensei."

Izuku clenched his fists and bowed like he did earlier, "Thank you very much for considering!"

Shinsou wanted to decline and voice his feelings... however, Izuku was in earshot, so he simply kept to himself.

They just have to beat Aizawa-sensei.

---

A few minutes before their test begins, Izuku took a deep breath then breathed out. He had a serious look on his face. He took a few more deep breaths to help psych him up.

Nearby him, was Shinsou, putting on his own mask. At this point, the purplette had already noticed his 'partner' drawing multiple slow breaths.

Just what is this guy planning? He asked himself.

Then a horrible memory popped into his head making him grab his neck and check those hands weren't there.

Shinsou grimaced.

He wasn't expecting him to be there. And he was most certainly not expecting Izuku to be his little brother. Those bandages saved him but what about next time?