CHAPTER FIFTY-EIGHT: Villain

Most of the group were feeling a little anxious as they rode the train on their way to the location the tracker was directing them to. They made sure to seat Izuku and Katsuki away from each other.

"Does the whole class know that we went anyways?" Izuku suddenly asked while looking out the train windows.

"Yes." Shouto answered. "Most of them and especially Ochaco asked us to reconsider."

"But if you want to, we can still-"

"No. We're getting Shinsou back. I'm getting Shinsou back. And there's nothing stopping me from doing so." Izuku was resolute.

Tenya, Shouto, and Momo looked at each other, the three of them were concerned about their classmate.

Maybe this was a bad idea after all. They pondered.

Katsuki simply stared at the greenet. And remembered all the times he was at the receiving end of those eyes. It was spine-chilling to say the least.

He's losing to the darkness. Katsuki thought. He clenched his fists. And it's my fault.

He's supposed to be All Might's successor, the future Symbol of Peace, a shining light for the people. If he can't even prevent one of his classmates from spiralling down, how can he be a light to millions of people?

"People with powerful Quirks that don't use them are weak and useless!"

Katsuki winced at the memory.

He was the one who said that.

He told Izuku that five years ago.

He was a firm believer of that, but in the end, he couldn't use his newfound power to protect himself. He was the one that needed saving, and because of that...

Katsuki gritted his teeth. We're going to get Shinsou back. And I'm going to save Izuku!

--

After two hours of travel, the group get off the train and follow the tracker to the Kamino Ward in Yokohama.

"We're close." Momo told them.

"Where? Where are they?!" Izuku asked impatiently.

"Izuku, calm down." Shouto told him.

"Before we continue forward, we need to wear disguises. No doubt, the villains will recognize us if we continue like this." Tenya explained.

Izuku could only let out an annoyed "Tch."

--

A few minutes later, the five of them came out of a nearby clothing shop wearing their disguises.

Shouto wore host-like clothes as well as a wig that covered his right eye and scar. Tenya wore a tuxedo shirt with a red bow, and pants with yellow-striped suspenders. He finished the look off with a fake mustache and styling his hair back.

Momo wore a pink dress and accessories like sunglasses, bracelets, and a necklace.She had her hair up like usual but left it looking fluffy. Katsuki wore an oversized shirt and kept his spiky hair down. He also applied some makeup on his face to make his eyes look more hollow.

Izuku's outfit consisted of a plain black suit with a white dress shirt underneath. His hair was kept a bit more than usual and styled with the part on one side.

(a/n: basically,

i am yet to actually color him, though

i am yet to actually color him, though. also he looks like his usual self here.)

As they left the shop, they saw that they were broadcasting the live public apology by UA. Present were the Principal, Sekijiro (Vlad King), and Shota.

One journalist asked, "What are your plans to address your shortcomings?"

The principal answered a generic sounding answer, "We are currently working on tripling the school's security, in addition, we will also be re-examining our crime prevention protocols."

"Are they even doing anything?"

"They let a student be kidnapped. That's the worst."

"Some hero school they are."

Tenya, Shouto, Momo, and Katsuki notice that the people around them didn't seem convinced nor impressed.

Izuku scowled at the monitor, "Tch. What are you even doing? Act already."

--

Meanwhile at the league's hideout, the villains were also tuning in to the public apology. Most seemed satisfied by the outcome of their attack at UA.

"This happening because this hero society is unjust! Instead of selflessness, heroes are only acting as heroes for the compensation!" Spinner preached.

Dabi agreed to that statement and seemed gratified by the unfolding events. However, he was bothered that in such a victorious moment, all Tomura was doing was looking at his messages.

Dabi took a seat beside Tomura and asked, "Shouldn't you be the one celebrating the most? You got your target and your objectives were met."

"What do you plan on doing to the kid anyway?" Dabi added.

"Tell us, do you have any plans on rescuing the kidnapped student? When is the most possible time for your rescue mission?" They heard a journalist ask from the broadcast.

Tomura noticed that the purplet perked up upon hearing that.

Eraser Head answered, "We won't be disclosing any confidential information, but rest assured that we are working with the police force to investigate the league's whereabouts. We will get him back as soon as possible."

Tomura suddenly stood up, making the purplet flinch.

"They'll get you back as soon as possible? Don't make me laugh." Tomura glared at the purplet.

"Are you sure they would want you back?" Said Tomura as he walked towards the purplet.

"Are you really sure you want to go back? After all..." Tomura stood behind the purplet and wrapped four of his fingers around the purplet's neck.

The purplet gulped.

"You are a traitor."

The purplet's eyes went wide at the realization.

"Can you really go back after betraying them? You're the one who brought us to them, after all." Tomura continued.

"You helped me enter UA. You helped me get All Might's schedule. You helped us hurt your classmates. You helped us to ruin UA."

Tomura went near Shinsou's ear and he whispered to him, "You helped a villain."

He removed his fingers from the purplet's neck then he asked, "Along with a Quirk like yours, what do you think that makes you?"

The purplet was unresponsive and blankly stared off into space.

Tomura let out a deep sigh and walked back to his usual seat. Dabi couldn't help but be impressed, "Now, that was the Tomura Shigaraki of the rumors."

Tomura simply gave him a side-eye as he opened his messages once again, to make sure he wasn't mistaken the first ten times.

"We won't be turning that boy into a Nomu just yet. Just keep him with you.

- Dad"

---

NOTES: Well, that was fun.