CHAPTER FIFTY-SIX: Fault

It's the next day, protestors and reporters are outside UA exactly as the faculty were having a meeting concerning the recent tragedy.

The room was tense and filled with dread is an understatement. The attack of the League of Villains' Vanguard Action Squad left quite the impression on the public about UA.

"The peace has made us soft. And only realizing that now was a big mistake." Said Nemuri (Midnight).

"Not just that, it's also on us for not taking Tomura's league seriously. We took precautions, yes, but it wasn't enough." Ken (Cementoss) added.

Toshinori felt uneasy, not just because he wasn't there to protect his students. He knows they all feel that way. He feels uneasy because he withheld the information about Tomura being his archnemesis' son from the faculty.

Had they known who he really was, they would've tripled security after doubling it.

"The truth is—"

"There's a traitor in our midst." Toshinori was cut off by Hizashi (Present Mic). The blonde's statement caught the attention of the rest of the faculty.

"Think about it. Only the faculty and the Pussycats knew of the camp's location. How could the villain's have known its location if there wasn't an insider?" Hizashi pressed on.

His friend's words immediately made Shota think about Izuku. He's Tomura's younger brother, after all.

Shota had already put some thought into it, and he still believes Izuku is just a normal hero hopeful going to UA. But what if Tomura used that to his advantage? He would be hiding in plain sight.

It's possible he snuck some kind of tracker onto his brother's bags.

"We shouldn't start suspecting each other." Snipe told them. "We shouldn't let something destroy us from the inside when there's already someone attempting to do so from the outside."

"Snipe is correct. The faculty have my full trust. But I still have some doubts on the st-"

Nezu was suddenly interrupted by All Might's ringtone.

--

One day later, at a hospital not so far from the campsite, most of Class A was present. They had just finished visiting Momo, and now, it's time to visit a certain greenet.

Everyone looked at each other, a bit hesitant, their eyes all looked to be asking Is it really okay?

Then they all looked over at Shouto, Tenya, and Ochaco, still wearing the same question in their eyes. But Tenya and Ochaco were still unsure as well.

They all flinched when the door suddenly opened. Apparently, Shouto went ahead and opened the door for them.

Inside, they saw their greenet classmate, still staring off to space with a blank look, and worry fell onto their faces.

Everyone entered the room and went near the greenet.

"Hey, Izuku... um..." Ochaco couldn't think of anything to say to his friend. No one did. He hasn't spoken to anyone since the night of the incident, not even to the doctors.

"Izuku, I'm sorry!" Their classmates' attentions immediately fell onto the bowing bichromatic boy.

"It's my fault the villains got Shinsou. I shouldn't have—"

"Your fault?" The greenet cut him off, his voice was hoarse. "It's not your fault at all."

"It's my fault for leaving him alone. It's my fault for taking long to get to him. It's my fault for saving the wrong person. It's my fault for being weak!" The greenet continued to blame himself as tears started forming in his eyes.