CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT: Enlistment

"N-no way... WE FAILED?!!" Exclaimed the four students on their knees and facing the ground. The four students were Ochaco, Yuga, Denki, and Mina.

"I can't believe it, I won't be going to the training camp." Mina cried. "Please, enjoy yourselves without me!"

"N-no way... out of everyone in our group, I'm the only one that failed?" Ochaco was filled with dread. "It's okay, I guess. Leave the poor one out."

"I hope you guys have a hard time!" Denki cursed.

How cruel.

"Calm down and quit your antics." Shota's voice was commanding. The four students quickly got on their feet.

"While it's good that no one failed the written tests, I'm disappointed that four failed the practicals." Shota told them.

"Which is why," Shota paused. Then he suddenly flashed his eerie smile, "The four of you will be attending extra activities during the training camp. I hope you're ready because we will put you through hell and back."
.
.
.
"???"
.
.
.
"NO WAYYY!!! WE'RE STILL GOING?!" Exclaimed the four failed students.

"Of course." Nezu answered. "We simply said that failure would mean omission to push all of you to do your best."

The entire 1-A beamed.

"Of course, we expect no one informing Class B of the changes after this. Don't think we didn't know they shared info with you." Shota shot them down.

"Y-yes sir." The entire class answered.

---

"Hey, before we change to our uniforms, let's take a picture!" Toru suggested.

"Hm? Why?" Shouto asked.

"Because! It's the end of our first semester in Hero Studies! It's something that should be remembered! Come on! I even brought a camera." Toru explained.

"I think it's a great idea." Momo said.

"Me too." Izuku seconded.

"See, the pres and vice pres even said so! I'll set up the timer!" Toru insisted.

Izuku quickly grabbed his friends, Ochaco, Tenya, Shouto, and the newest addition, Shinsou.

Shinsou was at first surprised, but a smile from Izuku quickly dissipated his worries.

"Alright, timer's up! 3, 2, 1..."

"Cheese!"

---

From the door that leads to a room further into the hideout, out came Tenko without his mask and whose hair wasn't waxed as it usually would when the topic is business-related.

"Tomura Shigaraki, these are the two new recruits Giran brought for today." Kurogiri stated. Tenko frowned at the caretaker.

"Like you said, on the phone." He grumbled as he took his usual seat in front of the counter.

"Well then? Aren't you going to introduce yourselves?" Tenko said in an annoyed tone.

"Someone's having a bad day." The girl said in a tone that Tenko found annoying.

"My name is Himiko Toga. I think life is difficult so I want to make the world a much easier place to live in. I idolize Stain a looooot and I want to become someone great like him so please let me join!"

The suspect for the blood draining serial murders, huh? Tenko said in his mind.

The he turned his attention on the other person. A man covered in burn scars. And in an annoyed tone, he referred to him, "And you?"

The man frowned, visibly irked by the man in front of him.

"I'm sorry. Is this supposed to be the Tomura Shigaraki? Son of the infamous All for One? A man capable of talking his way into the minds of villains? A man who will change the world? I'm sorry but I'm unimpressed." The man professed.

Tenko frowned and smirked, "Well, I apologize for failing your expectations. I'm simply not in the state of mind at the moment to even try and impress someone who hasn't even accomplished anything in his life, like the failure that he is."

The man restrained himself and simply replied, "You're supposed to be inheriting Stain's will? Someone who gets irritated and easily sidetracked by what I can assume is something petty? You couldn't even make sure Stain remained awake."

Tenko scowled, "I never said I'm meant to inherit Stain's will. I'm inheriting my father's will, not like I could say the same about you, daddy's little failure."

That last statement pushed the man over the edge. In a split second, he was in front of a now smirking Tenko. Blue flames surrounded the man's cocked back arm but before he could deliver a blow, a portal appeared between the two men, courtesy of Kurogiri, preventing the attack from landing on Tenko.

"Please, calm down." He told the man with burn scars.

Tenko couldn't help but let out a laugh.

"Alright. The two of you are in. I apologize for my behavior, I suppose I just needed to let off some steam."

The man recomposed himself.

"Now, what was your name? I don't believe you actually introduced yourself." Tenko said in a semi-provoking tone. The man frowned.

"I assume you already know what it is, but from here on out, I would like to be referred to as Dabi." Answered the man with burn scars. Tenko simply grinned.

"Well then." Tenko stood up, "Now that that's out of the way..."

Walking past Himiko and towards a black jacket, he asked, "Kurogiri, where is our little pet roaming today?"

"He should be in the Kiyashi Ward Shopping Mall, buying items he needs for their boot camp." Kurogiri answered then a portal opened.

Tenko, now wearing the black jacket, put on the hood and grabbed something from behind the counter.

"Hope you two enjoy your stay." Tenko gleefully said to the new recruits as he left through the portal.

---