CHAPTER ONE HUNDRED NINE: Student

Izuku wiped the sweat off his brows after he finally finished mopping the second level floors. He wasn't allowed into the heroes' meeting for the sole reason that Nighteye suspects him as All for One's son, so instead he was left to mop the building floors.

The greenet made his way to the store room to return the janitor's mop. Afterwards, he planned to spend the rest of his time in the locker room, but as he was making his way to what he considered was the safest room in the building, the large meeting room's door opened and the heroes came out.

So the meeting's done. Izuku thought. He stood there and watched as most of the heroes headed downstairs to leave. He was in awe of the different heroes who attended the meeting being the hero nerd that he is.

...but at the same time, he couldn't help but be afraid at the thought that once these heroes are gone, Sir Nighteye's attention will be back on him.

Izuku imagined the glare Sir Nighteye would give him, the glare that would weigh down on him whenever the man would look at him. He would always look down at him like he was scum of society, like he was something lower than humans.

The thought made the greenet subconsciously rub his arms again.

Then someone called his name, "Izuku!" Making Izuku look over and find the hero who could've been a much nicer boss to him, if only he didn't screw it up at Hosu.

"Gang Orca!" The greenet feigned a bright tone and smile, "It's nice to see you again."

"It's nice to see you again too." The Orcinus user greeted with a slight smile, then he asked the greenet, "So, how has your internships been? I hope they've been treating you well."

Izuku winced slightly at the no. 10 hero's statement, but he kept the smile on his face, "It's been amazing, actually! Thank you for referring me to this agency."

Izuku wasn't being sarcastic. He wasn't blaming Gang Orca. He still has the utmost respect for the hero in front of him. The only one he blames is himself. For screwing up back at Hosu, and for not figuring out that going to this agency was a mistake.

He should've known that it was a mistake from the start, after all, he--

"But where were you in the meeting?" Gang Orca suddenly asked, "You were the one who called the heroes in, so why did you disappear during the meeting?"

"Ah. Sir had me run an errand. I'm done with it now, though. Plus, I already knew the stuff that was discussed in the meeting so I didn't have to attend." Izuku told the Pro Hero a lie.

"I see. Well, considering your talents, I wouldn't be surprised if you had contributed majorly in Nighteye's investigations." The Orcinus User complimented the greenet, even though the truth was that Nighteye never let Izuku anywhere near this case.

-

Shota stood there and watched as Gang Orca and his green-haired student conversed. Izuku's had his right hand grasping his left arm close to him this whole time, a gesture often made when one is uncomfortable. Overall, his student's body language just screamed I don't want to be here to him.

It was nothing like the bright, confident student he knew.

It still confuses him, even days after, why Izuku would want to continue his internship here and why he'd refute the accusations against Sir Nighteye when he himself is the proof of the man's misdoing. He even defended him.

Then someone called Shota by his hero name, "Eraserhead."

Shota looked over to see who it was, only to find himself furrowing his brows at the sight of the person, Speak of the devil.

"I was surprised to see you at the meeting." Mirai stated as he walked towards the Erasure Hero, "I didn't expect you to attend."

"I only came after I received an email asking for me to appear. To tell the truth, I'm surprised I was even invited." Shota retorted while glaring at his coworker's ex-sidekick.

Mirai was slightly taken aback by the former's words, "I see. Actually, you weren't even in the list of heroes to be contacted, though Bubble Girl probably included you by accident." He bluntly stated.

"But it's good that you were able to come." Mirai told him then he reached his hand out for a shake, "I look forward to working with you."

Shota frowned at the man, then he accepted the handshake, "Likewise."

Shota wanted to bring up the case with his student, but before he could, Mirai suddenly told him, "Now, if you'd excuse me, I need to meet with someone right now."

After that, Mirai went on his way. Shota let out a deep frustrated sigh, then he looked back to his student, exactly as Gang Orca had bid the greenet farewell and left. Shota watched as the bright and warm smile on his student's face die and turn into a blank and dull look.

Shota tried to go to his student to talk to him, but he lost him among the heroes that were there and that were leaving.

Shota frowned at himself for losing his student.

---

NOTES: What's this?! A chapter that didn't take a week to be finished?! --well, it's a wee bit short, so minus points for that. :P

But in all seriousness, am I glad all that plot dump is done and we're back to character interactions.

(っ'▽')っ I missed you, dialogue writing~

DON'T EVER LEAVE ME AGAIN. ๏╭╮๏