CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE: Chisaki

NOTES: I think it's time to get our favorite (not) mysophobe into the story! Also, for those who aren't aware already, probably because I haven't made it obvious, Tenko and Izuku are biologically related to Hisashi.

---

3:30 PM

It has been a few weeks since they were driven into hiding. The moment he heard that man was interested in getting the girl beside him. The guy with the Warp Gate quirk almost got her but it was a good thing he immediately deconstructed her before it was too late, and since then he has never left her side.

Kai looked down at the sleeping Eri who was covered head to toe with bandages, with only her nose and horn uncovered. Her hair was removed to make sure that man can't steal her Quirk from afar. He grimaced. I'll never let you get her, All for One.

Kai looked around at the other people with them in the limousine. Other than him and Eri, there was Chronostasis, Mimic, and the Eight Bullets. There were also two other Shie Hassaikai members at the front, driving the car.

Kai could feel the car slow down and then finally stop. They're here.

One of the men at the front, the driver, went inside the building first. After a few minutes, the walkie talkie of the one at the passenger's seat received a message.

"Everything's clear. Bring them in." The man said over the line. Kai took note of it.

The car swayed and moved as each of the Eight Bullets took turns getting off. Mimic and Chronostasis went out after them. Then finally, Kai carried Eri in his arms and left the car as well. As a group, they all went inside the building.

The building isn't anything special. Just a normal apartment building. The rooms are quite small so they rent pretty cheap even if you don't have anyone to share the rent with.

But none of those rooms is the safehouse they're going to. As if. There's no way 12 of them can squeeze into one room. Kai won't let that happen.

Instead, the safehouse is underneath the building. The first room of the first floor is actually the entrance to the safehouse, located a few meters below ground.

After Kai became the new leader of the Hassaikai, he immediately ordered the members to abandon their former safehouses. Afterwards, he himself built the new safehouses, then gave the location of each to different Hassaikai members, as opposed to having a number memorize them all. It was an idea he came up with in order to lessen the chance of the location of each safehouse getting leaked.

One would have to either go through the entire Hassaikai to get all the locations, or get them through Kai himself, which ever one is easier.

It's an almost foolproof plan.

Almost.

And that's what has been making Kai nervous. The slight chance that they do get the upper hand and ambush them in the location where they should be feeling safe. Kai can't be so carefree, not while knowing that the person trying to find them is the boogeyman.

He has come so far. He can't be careless at this point.

The sound of their footsteps echo in the lone hallway to the safehouse, brightly lit by white lightbulbs, letting the only door at the end be visible even from the stairs.

A few more minutes of footsteps echoing before the finally arriving at the door. Kurono approached the door and opened it, entering along with Mimic. The room was dim, with only some areas lit by the light from the hallway.

Kurono immediately headed towards the light switch located somewhere left of the room. Then Kai went inside.

But something's amiss. Kai couldn't help but tense up. Where'd that member go?

Click. The lights were on and Kai's eyes went wide.

"I was wondering what was taking you." On the couch, the leader of the League of Villains, Tomura Shigaraki, was sitting in a casual way, his feet even up on the table.

Kai immediately dodged an attack from his right, courtesy of Stain. He immediately used his Quirk on the floor, sending spikes towards the Hero Killer.

Stain swiftly got away from the spikes as they got turned to dust. He landed just beside Tomura who used his Quirk on the spikes to counter Kai's attack, to which the latter immediately reacted by cutting off the spikes from the floor.

Kai looked for the other members, but where they used to be were only the trails of black mist. Damn it.

"Well, that was worth a shot, eh, Stain?"

Kai placed his attention to the speaker, the son of All for One.

"It would've been better if the first attack worked but I do want to be the one to bring him to his knees, especially after all the inconvenience he gave us." He simply stated. The other man simply looked at him as he was engulfed by a black mist.

Tomura smirked under his mask.

"Before we start, I'm sure you'd like to meet my father?" Tomura bent down and opened the laptop on top of the table. It immediately went to a live video chat with All for One.

"Oh no, Chisaki. What have you done to her?" The man's voice was full of disappointment and taunting.

"That is no way to take care of a child, Chisaki."

"DON'T CALL ME BY THAT NAME!" Kai snapped back. The man in the screen replied with a disappointed and almost satisfied hum.

Damn it. He should've known. That member never came back and simply communicated through the radio. That should've been a red flag. Regardless, Kai kept his composure.

"You're one to talk. You only want her Quirk to fix whatever happened to you. I'm sure that after getting her Quirk, you'll simply throw her away."

No doubt they already have the two ways out guarded. And if his brat is here, that means they're out to finish this.

The man in the screen chuckled making Kai tense. He's laughing? Why is he laughing?

"What about a bet? Give me two months and I'll teach Eri to control her Quirk myself."

Kai laughed the man's statement off and he felt Eri react to the man's words. However, Is this man actually saying he'll teach her himself? And not just that, he sounds so sure of it, as if it's a matter of fact. This was what he really thought.

"I bet you're scared, Eri. Don't worry, big brother Tomura will save you from this monster." The man's voice was eerily comforting and Kai could feel Eri react positively and slowly fill with hope.

"I'll see you soon, Eri-chan."

And with that, Tomura jumped into action.

---

NOTES: Yes. Yes. I know this took some time. I'm more used to writing casual character interactions than devising battle strategies so I had a hard time brainstorming events.
In the meantime, why don't you go ahead and read the other story I made about a hero called "The Lhelian"? (shameless plug)
But I promise I will try to update more often.