CHAPTER ONE HUNDRED ELEVEN: Lineage

NOTES: Am I glad Hisashi decided to share his sons' maternal lineage. Had he not, Sorahiko no jiisan wouldn't be here defending Izuku.

---

"Which begs the question, what on earth are you going to do if this kid ends up not being related to that monster, after all?" Sorahiko asked Mirai.

All Might's former sidekick remained quiet while his glasses glinted. Mirai fixed his glasses' position then he asked the old man, "Surely, you don't truly believe that?"

Sorahiko frowned at the man's question, "What are you talking about?"

"I don't think you're aware, but I know." Mirai stated as one of the lens of his glasses glinted.

"I know that Nana Shimura's daughter is the mother of All for One's son, Tomura Shigaraki. All Might told me the day he came to my office." Mirai said as he looked down on the old man.

"If this kid is indeed another one of that man's spawns, then that would mean he's also Nana Shimura's grandson. That's why you came to defend him, right? That's why you even pointed out that smile of his. Because it reminded you of your old friend."

Sorahiko glared daggers at the man in front of him.

"If you didn't think I was right, you wouldn't have come here to try and defend the brat to the degree that you just did. Not unless he might be your old friend's family." Mirai concluded.

"You know I'm right, Gran Torino. So let me correct your question." Mirai said as he bent his body to reach Sorahiko's height.

"'What on earth am I going to do if this kid doesn't break,' that's what your question was supposed to be." Mirai said then he straightened his posture.

"You shouldn't care for him, Gran Torino. He may have Nana Shimura's blood in him, but that blood has long been tainted by All for One. The blood running in the veins of that brat is a villain's blood, not a hero's." Mirai's statement made Sorahiko frown.

"And don't worry, he will break. And once he does, I'll have his father where I want him to be." Mirai declared.

Sorahiko grumbled as he thought, Toshinori, you're right. Your former partner has lost his mind. His pursuit of All for One has blinded him. Kid, I'm truly sorry for what you're being forced to go through. Sorahiko apologized in his mind.

"Well?" Mirai asked, snapping Sorahiko out of his thoughts.

"Was that all you wanted to talk to me about?" The man asked. Sorahiko glared at him, then he let out a sigh.

"No. I also wanted to check up on that Bakugo brat. How has that kid been under your care? Have you also been subjecting him to the same treatment as that Midoriya kid?" Sorahiko asked.

Mirai hummed, then he answered, "You can say that. Though I had to change tactics quite a bit. He's a more difficult one. Anything I try to throw at him, he takes them straight on, but it doesn't even affect him-- no, more like he turns it into fuel to get better instead. It's become annoying."

Sorahiko chuckled, "That was the same for me when I trained him. That kid never gave in."

Mirai grimaced, "I still don't understand why All Might picked him in the first place." He stated, "He only began this honorable act of his after he was chosen. Before that, he was pompous and arrogant, pushing everyone else around him down. The exact opposite of All Might's vision of the Symbol of Peace, so why? Why him?"

The older hero chuckled at the man's question, "Even I'm stuck on that. When I first asked that idiot Toshinori why he chose that Bakugo brat, he just said something like 'it just felt right'. He even said that something inside him told him to pick the Bakugo brat." Almost like that one time. Sorahiko thought.

Mirai let out an exasperated sigh, making the older hero look over at him, then he returned his attention to the streets outside.

"But Bakugo has come a long way, that I must admit. If he continues on, maybe someday, he will become the next All Might." Sorahiko stated with a slight smile on his face.

But he immediately removed the look on his face once he realized it.

Then the old man finally decided it was time to leave. "But good luck on your plan to make him pass One for All over to that Togata kid." Sorahiko told Mirai as he was leaving.

On his way down the stairs, he had passed through two female UA students, one with brown hair, and one with a mutant type Quirk.

Once he finally got to the first floor, he decided to check up on Nana's grandson. He correctly deduced that the boy was in the locker room, and he found him there sleeping peacefully.

One of your grandsons ended up just like you, Nana. Watch over him.

---

NOTES: Just to make things clear.

- Gran Torino believes Izuku is one of All for One's sons and one of Nana's grandsons, and he thinks he's genuine in wanting to be a hero

- Sir Nighteye believes that Izuku is one of All for One's sons and is one of Nana's grandsons, but he thinks being a villain's son automatically makes him a villain

- Toshinori believes Izuku isn't related to All for One and Tomura Shigaraki; he just thinks he's just a kid unfortunate enough to have a Quirk that resembles one of All for One's Quirk combos