CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR: Study

Shinsou walked into the busy cafeteria and looked around, looking for his ex-classmates from Class C. He feels more comfortable with them. When he finally found them, he raised his hand and waved, they waved back.

Bento in hand, Shinsou started making his way over to the Class C students. But that was when someone bumped him, making him let go of his bento, thankfully, it didn't open and spill to the floor.

He felt like the person who bumped into him was going to fall, so on reflex, he grabbed the person's shoulders to help them get their balance back.

"How lucky. Because of that little video with Stain, 1-A got even more popular. Well, you'll see! Class 1-B WILL- ONE DAY- BE EVEN MORE POPULAR THAN-"

The blonde sociopath looking boy was swiftly made unconscious after just one hit from a ginger girl's Quirk.

"I'm really sorry about him, Izuku."

Izuku?!

"I'll make sure he gets a talking to." The ginger apologized. But then she finally noticed Shinsou, and she went pale.

Izuku was a little confused as to what made Itsuka freeze, so he looked back.

His eyes went wide and his face became as white as a sheet. At this point, Shinsou was also taken back by what's happening that he forgot that he was still holding Izuku's arms.

The both of them were too scared and too shocked to move that they were in a practically perpetual state of frozen in place.

(a/n: i dunno how to make this sound more scary than funny 😂)

Tenya, fortunately, pulled Izuku away and out of Shinsou's clutches.

Shinsou wanted to say something and apologize, his mouth already open to spout a word. But nothing left. No voice was heard. And he closed it back again.

Shinsou turned his back and went to pick up his bento from the floor then he went back on his way to Class C.

As he walked, he felt like the whole cafeteria was staring daggers at him. It felt like before UA again.

---

"Are you okay, Izuku?" Shouto asked his friend as Tenya helped the greenette to a seat.

"Um, yeah. I'm fine." Izuku answered while pinching the bridge of his nose. He took a deep breath and exhaled.

"A-anyway," Izuku changed the subject, "what are you guys' plans for the upcoming final exams?"

His friends simply went along with it.

"I'll probably just cram till the last minute and hope for the best." - Ochaco

"Same for me, kero." - Tsu-chan

"Some quick skimming, most likely." - Shouto

That last answer by Shouto quickly set off Tenya into an air chopping sermon about how he shouldn't be taking the finals so lightly, and it made the rest of the group chuckle.

"Um... Izuku?"

The entire group looked at the speaker.

"Yeah, Itsuka?" The greenette asked with a smile.

"Are you okay, now? You don't want to go to the clinic?" The ginger asked.

"Yes, I'm fine now. Thank you for your concern."

Itsuka then eased up, "Thank goodness."

"I just want to apologize again for Monoma's behavior. Not all of us at 1-B think like him, our two classes get compared a lot so some have made up this sense of rivalry between our classes." Itsuka explained.

"It's okay. It's good to have a sense of rivalry, it makes us want to get better. But I hope we get to work more together." The greenette replied with a smile, that made Itsuka smile a little as well.

"In that case, this information may be useful to you guys at 1-A."

Itsuka's words piqued the group's interest.

"The teachers were keeping what the practical exams will be a secret, but we actually heard from the second years that the practicals may be similar to the practicals of the entrance exam, meaning we might end up facing robots." Itsuka explained.

"I hope this can help you prepare. I'll go join my classmates now."

Itsuka waved bye then walked away.

---

"Alright, you're all dismissed. Please don't get into any trouble and go straight home." Aizawa told them as he walked out of the room and closed the door behind him. Immediately, the 1-A students that looked like they were preparing to leave, went back to their seats. In front, Izuku and Momo walked towards the teacher's table.

"Right. so as we all know, we only have a week left before the Final Exams." Izuku started the meeting. "Some of you had voiced your worries earlier today, and Momo had suggested to set up some kind of study party. Those who asked to join were..."

Izuku brought out his journal and read off the names he listed, "Denki, Mina, Rikido, Mashirao, Kyoka, and Hanta." All six of them nodded.

"Of course, anyone else who wants to join, please just approach me." Momo added.

"Alright, second point of this meeting. Earlier today, Itsuka Kendo, the president of Class 1-B told me that the practical portion of our Final Exams may be having to fight against the same robots that we faced during the Entrance Exam."

"After hearing this, me and Izuku talked and decided that it may be beneficial if we set up the study party at his place, so that we can also use their training hall for those who also wish to train for the practicals." Momo continued.

"The plan is to have a sleepover at my place for the rest of the week leading up to the exam and anyone can join whenever." Izuku explained.

"T-training hall?!"

"How rich are they?!"

For the next 10 minutes, the whole class talked about this study party. At one point, someone asked if it'll start the next day, which Izuku replied with, "If your parents are okay with it, we can definitely start today. I had already called home earlier and asked if they could have about 7-10 meals prepared. Ochaco, Tenya. and Tsuyu already asked to join earlier, and Momo's parents were already fine with her going."

"I can ask our chauffeur to stop by your places and we can all go together." Momo suggested.

"It's like they're both slapping us with their riches. But they're both too nice, we can't possibly get mad~"

---

NOTES: So... how long has it been? *nervous laughter*

---

EXTRA

Shinso looked over at the cluster of his classmates that has gathered around the two class leaders. He frowned and stood up. He grabbed his bag and headed towards the door.

The whole class went quiet the moment he opened the door.

But was it the door that shushed them or the sudden realization that, oh right, he's also in their class.

Ah, whatever. It's not like he wants to be included in that study group of theirs. He'll just get stronger on his own.