CHAPTER EIGHTY: Rescue III

NOTES: Oh shit, this thing's already on its 80th chapter?! Maybe I should slow down a bit. 😅

---

"Due to a large scale attack of villains, there were numerous civilian victims. Emergency units will be arriving late due to the damaged roads. All necessary tasks will be left to the heroes. The primary goal is to rescue all civilians."

The students psyched their selves up and got ready for the moment the waiting room's gates open.

Underneath Izuku's tinted visors, he activated his Bird's Eye View Quirk, and started to search for nearby victims and victims that may need more help than others.

Then the gate opened. The 100 participants all raced out of there and started heading to the various areas of the arena. Izuku and a few other participants, including Momo, Ochaco, and Toru headed to the urban area.

Izuku headed to the location of the nearest victim he saw earlier, with his three classmates tailing him. Once they were near, they heard the sound of a child crying.

"Over there!" Toru pointed at a part of the road that opened up to an underground parking, where they saw a crying child.

Toru seemed to have captured the attention of the child who looked up to them and started crying, "Please help us! My grandpa got buried!"

"Ochaco, make me float down there." Momo told her classmate as Izuku jumped down using his Gravity Manipulation Quirk.

Once Izuku landed, he kneeled in front of the child and asked, "Where's your grandpa? Where did he get buried?"

The child pointed to a general direction.

"Izuku, I'll handle the child." Momo told him. Izuku nodded, "Thanks, Momo."

Izuku then walked towards the direction where the child's grandpa was supposed to be and activated an Infrared Quirk, revealing that, indeed, a person was underneath the rubble.

"Hey, grandpa, can you hear me? Are you still conscious? Answer me if you are." Izuku called out.

It took a moment but he eventually received an answer, albeit weakly, "Y-yes."

"We'll get you out of there, so hold on, okay?" Izuku assured the person underneath.

Reassuring the trapped civilian. Good job. The Help Us Company employee acting as a child thought as Momo was wrapping bandage around his arm.

And amazing first aid work. He added, referring to Momo.

"Ochaco, get this kid up to Toru." Momo told Ochaco who had just got down there. She nodded and carried the child, afterwards she made herself float up.

"Izuku," Momo referred to her greenet class president, "Is there anything I could do to help?"

"Ah, no, thank you. I got this. You three go ahead, I'll catch up with you with the kid's grandpa." Izuku told her.

"Are you sure?" She asked.

"Yes, I'm sure." Izuku smiled at her.

"Okay." Momo said exactly as Ochaco returned to get her up as well.

"Catch up to us, okay?" Ochaco told him before leaving.

After he was sure that his classmates were gone, Izuku put his attention back on the trapped civilian.

"I'm going to remove the rubble now. Are you still with me?" Izuku asked the civilian while removing the glove of his costume. He received a weak yes.

Removing the glove exposed his bandaged arm, then using his Silkweave Quirk, he manipulated the bandages and they started to unwrap themselves.

He then touched the rubble with his bare hand, and using Gravity Manipulation, made them float up. Izuku got down to get a look at the grandpa's situation.

"Grandpa, are you okay?" He asked, making the grandpa look over to him. The two of them were shocked to see each other.

"Y-you're—" Izuku recognized him. It was the guy that called him a spoiled brat earlier.

Yes, the guy that insulted you earlier. What are you gonna do now, brat? Leave me here? The HUC actor thought.

Izuku shook his head and snapped his thoughts back to the exam.

"Are you okay? Is anything broken?" Izuku asked, impressing the actor.

"Y-yeah, my leg got crushed. I can't move it." The grandpa answered.

"Okay. Take my hand. You're gonna feel weird in just a second and you're gonna feel light, then I'm going to pull you out, okay?" Izuku said and reached his bare hand out.

The grandpa accepted it, and just like the greenet said, he felt a little weird then he started to float. Izuku then pulled the grandpa out.

Once the grandpa was out, Izuku returned the rubble's weight back, then he sat the grandpa down.

"I'm going to secure your broken leg first, then we're going to your grandson." Izuku stated as he ripped off some of the bandage on his hand and used it to tie a rod to the grandpa's leg.

Afterwards, he put on his glove and carried the grandpa on his back and they headed out of there.

Hm. So he isn't just a rich man's brat. He'll make a good hero. The HUC actor thought.

---