CHAPTER SEVENTY: Gift II

Izuku's eyes snapped open, fearful that he might find himself in that dark void again. But he felt comfort after seeing the ceiling of his room above him.

He took a deep breath and sighed in relief before he tried to sit up. But he stopped when he noticed someone else sleeping beside him on his bed. He looked over to find silver hair and a bump on the person's forehead.

Eri was sleeping soundly while hugging him. Izuku couldn't help but smile at the peaceful scene.

He tried to get out of bed without waking his sister up, but Eri woke up anyway.

"Izuku-nii? Did you have a good sleep?" The little girl asked while rubbing her eyes and sitting up.

"Yes. Did you sleep beside me so I won't have anymore nightmares?" Izuku asked while patting his sister's head. Eri nodded.

Izuku smiled and told her, "Thank you, Eri. I'm sorry for worrying you."

Izuku looked over to look at the time. It was already past 1.

"Come on, let's go get something to eat." Izuku told his sister and the two of them left his room for the dining room.

--

As Izuku was finishing his meal, the door to the dining room opened and in entered Tenko, who was glad to see his two siblings finally awake.

"Morning, Izuku. Morning, Eri. I hope you two slept well." He greeted them with a smile.

"Eri couldn't wait for you to wake up to offer her hug so she slept beside you instead." Tenko explained. Izuku smiled after hearing that.

But his smiled soon faded and he asked, "Where's Dad? I want to talk to him about something."

Tenko sensed the serious undertone in Izuku's voice, making him worry, "What about?"

"I just... I want to ask him something... about our Quirk..." Izuku answered with a bit of hesitation.

Tenko gulped as he remembered what their father told him last night, "He recognized me, Tenko. Izuku recognized me as All for One."

"Okay. He should be at his study." Tenko answered, trying not to show any worries in his voice. Izuku smiled sheepishly.

He then stood up and headed to their father's study.

At the door, Izuku took a deep breath before knocking.

"Come in." He heard his Dad say from inside the room. Izuku turned the knob and peeked inside where he found his father looking through the bookshelves on the right of the room.

"Dad... I want to talk to you about something," Izuku went inside the room and closed the door behind him, "Something that I'm sure you already know what."

Hisashi looked over to his son, "It's about All for One, the villain that All Might fought a week ago, yes?"

Izuku looked down to the floor and sheepishly nodded.

Hisashi sighed, "Izuku, take a seat."

Izuku nodded and sat down on one of the chairs in front of his father's desk, and Hisashi sat on the one opposite of Izuku.

"Go on. Tell me what's bothering you. It's better if you say it yourself." Hisashi told his son.

Izuku took a deep breath then he spoke, "All for One can use multiple Quirks like us, and like us, he can combine them to create powerful attacks... but the Quirks he uses were stolen, like how he stole Ragdoll's Quirk."

Izuku looked at his bandaged arms and continued, "Recently, I've been seeing ghosts... and ever since they first appeared, they've said the same thing every time, give them back. Give our Quirks back."

Hisashi winced slightly, but he didn't let his son notice.

Izuku looked back at his dad and asked with tearing eyes, "Dad, are our Quirks stolen?"

Hisashi didn't answer right away. Instead, he leaned back on the chair, crossed his arms, and sighed.

"I suppose I should've told you this sooner." Said Hisashi.

"When I was younger, well before All Might's rise as the no. 1 hero, the villain called All for One ruled over a chaotic Japan from the shadows. Due to his Quirk's ability to steal another person's Quirk and let him use them as his own, he was feared by those who knew of his existence."

Hisashi paused for a bit then continued, "As you might've realized by now, our Quirk 'Gift' shares the same aspect of letting us use multiple Quirks with that villain's Quirk. It was the reason I had to hide the truth about my Quirk, and why I had you hide the fact as well."

"Izuku, don't forget, your Quirk is special, it's a gift to have it. Your Quirks are not stolen, you have them because you are worthy of them. Always remember that." Hisashi said then he messed his son's hair.

Izuku forced a smile and sheepishly nodded, "Thanks, Dad. I feel much better."

But Hisashi could tell that it was lie. He sighed then he stood up from his seat.

"Come on, why don't you give Dad a hug?" Hisashi asked with a smile. Izuku smiled as well and hugged his Dad, and he immediately felt a little better.

---

NOTES: Is it bad that even I, the writer, almost believed his lies? Because I almost believed him as I was rereading this chapter.

On another note, akalog so utek ko and my plans for this fic has changed a bit.

Still not sure if those changes are good or bad. Might have to wrap my head around those changes first.

edit: that means hiatus