CHAPTER EIGHTY-FOUR: Shinso II

NOTES: Kinda disappointed I didn't get any "What?! CONCLUSION?!" comments in the last update.  ̄へ ̄ Also, to the guy who asked for Tenko vs Izuku—

---

At Heights Alliance, the students of Class A are taking their well-deserved rests after a long day of the Provisional Hero License Exam.

At his room, Izuku had just finished changing to more comfortable house clothes and doing some stretches. He put his used clothes on his laundry bin, only to find it already full.

Looks like it's time to do the laundry. He thought to himself before grabbing his laundry bin and heading to the laundry room at the first floor, where he passed by a few of his classmates watching television at the living room.

When he finally got to the door to the laundry room, he heard someone else was also doing their laundry inside. He pushed the door open with his back then headed in.

But as he turned to face forward, he was surprised to see that the other person was no one other than Shinso, leaning against one of the unused washers as he waited for his clothes to finish.

Their gazes met, but Izuku immediately looked away and started heading towards the washer furthest from the purplet, and he put all his clothes in without thinking.

"You need to separate your white clothes from your colored clothes." Shinso suddenly said, making Izuku stop.

Without looking at the purplet, he said, "Ah. I-I forgot. Thanks for reminding."

Izuku then removed all his colored clothes and put them back on his laundry bin, leaving only the white clothes inside the washer.

"Do you need help setting that thing up?" Shinso asked. Izuku shook his head no.

"No. I got it." Izuku said before putting detergent into the washer, adjusting the settings, and starting it up. All that was left to do was to wait for it to finish and do the colored clothes.

"You can use the other washers, you know." Shinso told him, "No one's using them."

Izuku nodded without turning to the purplet, and he began to put the rest of his clothes in the washer beside the one he just used. He then put the detergent and began to adjust the settings.

"I'm surprised you know how to operate these things. Is it one of those things your servants taught you for fun?" Shinso jokingly asked, exactly as the second washer began its job.

"Uh, no, actually. I had no idea how to use these, but Ochaco helped me figure it out." Izuku answered, still facing away from the purplet.

"Ah." Shinso could only comment.

After that, there was an awkward silence in between the sounds of water whooshing. Izuku decided to lean against one of the unused washers as well but he kept his gaze on the floor.

Then he tried to break the silence, "Uh, I'm— I mean, congratulations on passing the license exam."

Shinso hummed, "Yeah, you too."

Izuku smiled slightly.

"I heard that your super move almost beat Gang Orca." Shinso brought the topic up, "I didn't see it myself, but I felt it from where I was."

Izuku chuckled nervously, "Yeah, I probably won't be using Arahabaki on that scale for a while."

"Ah, so the Arahabaki that kept being mentioned on the bus non-stop is your super move. I was wearing headphones and wasn't paying much attention." Shinso said with a slight smile. Izuku could only chuckle.

Silence followed once more, but this time, it wasn't awkward, and the two boys were wearing smiles on their faces.

Izuku peeked at the purplet and finally raised his head, "Hey, Shinso?"

"Yeah?" The purplet looked over to the greenet.

"A-are we still friends?" Izuku asked, bringing back the silence between them.

Shinso looked at the greenet with doubt in his eyes, then he asked, "Can we even be friends?"

Izuku's brows furrowed in concern and confusion.

"As we stand now, is it even possible for us to be friends?" Shinso averted gazes, "I think it would be for the best if we're not."

The washer beside Shinso finally finished, and he began to grab his clothes.

"Shinso, I don't know what's troubling you. I don't know if there was something I did to make you upset. So please, Shinso, tell me. Tell me so we can work all this out." Izuku pleaded.

Shinso stopped, then he took a deep breath, then without looking at the greenet, he told him, "I'm sorry if I suddenly threw you out the last time we talked."

"But that's why I'm telling you this now... I'm formally ending our friendship."

"Shinso..." Izuku pleaded.

"I'm sorry, Izuku. Goodbye." Shinso said before he left, leaving the greenet dumbfounded.

---

NOTES: Ah, yes. Nothing like beginning a new saga with a downer of a chapter.
I do hope no more sad things happen~

Also, apologies for the shorter update. It's so weird, seeing a short chapter.