CHAPTER ONE HUNDRED TEN: Hero II

Mirai made his way up the stairs to get to the fifth floor where a lounge was located. Once he got there, he found the old man that had wanted to speak with him, standing next to the window panes and looking out to the streets.

Gran Torino wasn't part of the original Hosu Taskforce, but after his help back during the raid on the league's hideout and in the fight against All for One, he was recognized by the Hero Public Safety Commission, and he was added in, hence his appearance on the meeting.

Yet Mirai could sense that the old man wasn't there to talk about the investigation. If he was, he would've said something already earlier. No, he has a different reason for asking to speak with Mirai, but what--

"Let's talk about 'All for One's son'." The old man said as if he had just read Mirai's mind.

"I see. So All Might had also told you." Mirai stated as he fixed his glasses. The old man scoffed.

"Of course. After I heard about your little theory, I went and monitored him myself. I followed him whenever he'd go out on a patrol-- which strangely enough, is every day." The older hero noted.

"You're not overworking the kid, aren't you?" The older hero asked.

"Of course not." Mirai stated as he walked near his idol's master, "I still have to abide by the laws of employment."

Sorahiko sneered at that stupid comment.

"But please, continue." Mirai looked down at the older hero, then he asked in an almost insulting tone, "What did you observe from the brat?"

"Well, he has a good hold on his Quirk
He might need some adjustments on some of his movements but he's working on them. His Quirk looks like one body enhancement Quirk to me." Sorahiko commented. Mirai had planned to refute the latter statement, but before he could, the old man continued.

"Or if we go by your theory, his 'current Quirk'."

The tone of voice the older hero had used sounded skeptical and insulting, making Mirai visibly tick.

"As for his heroism," Sorahiko continued, "Just a day ago, I watched as he saved a blonde guy who was having some kind of mental illness fit from being run over by a truck. He helped the guy with his fit and even offered to bring him to a hospital, all with a bright smile on his face."

"I noticed that whenever he has to talk or comfort the ones he saved, he always removes his mask to show them his smile." Sorahiko noted.

"Then earlier, on my way here, I saw that smile of his up close."

Mirai raised his brow in confusion as the older hero continued.

"As expected from what you'd been putting him through, he looked exhausted. His eyes looked too tired for someone his age. Yet when I bumped into him and he turned to apologize, he didn't dare show any of it through his smile. It was like he didn't want to pass his sadness onto me, so he hid it inside him."

Mirai tried once again to refute the older man, but Sorahiko didn't allow him.

"If you're going to say that a villain can easily fake that smile, then you're wrong. You can't just fake the exhaustion he had in his eyes, and you certainly can't just fake a smile like his that lifts you up and doesn't allow you to fall down."

"No," Sorahiko paused a bit, then he continued, "Those were real, I could tell. You should at least know something like that, since you were Toshinori's sidekick."

Mirai was slightly agitated by the old man in front of him, yet the only thing he could do was raise his chin and look down at the old man.

"And I don't know if you forgot," Sorahiko thought to remind his student's former sidekick, "But I was there in Kamino. I watched as 'All for One's son', a kid who just came out of the hospital after fighting villains and getting serious injuries, risked his life to save his classmate."

"Now, tell me, Mirai. Why on earth would 'All for One's son' do that? Especially when the other heroes hasn't even arrived yet to witness his heroic act?"

---

NOTES: Damn! Dadmight, Dadzawa, and now Granpa Torino? Now, we're just waiting for Hisashi to make his move!

Anyway, short one again, because pacing. It's supposed to be longer, but this feels much better, so yeh.

edit: just realized this and the previous chapter could've just been one chapter :P