CHAPTER FORTY-SEVEN: Surprise

I didn't think we would be in such a similar circumstance so soon. The greenette and purplette thought as they stood meters away from each other.

"In terms of combat skills, Shinso is only below you by about 40%, compared to his difference to me of 80%." Aizawa said, referring to Izuku.

"However, since you're more adept and had spent more time training and utilizing your fighting style with your Quirk, I'd say that difference has been lowered to 30%. Which makes you an easier but still formidable opponent for Shinso." Aizawa stated as sweat dripped down Izuku's face.

"Don't even think about going easy on him because he's your friend. If I even sense that you are, you two will be joining Miss Uraraka and the other failed students tonight." He threatened them.

(a/n: Tenko could only wish TvT)

"Shinso, the same as yesterday. Try to land a hit on Izuku. Izuku, I expect you to not use your Quirk." Aizawa reminded them.

That was the plan in the very beginning anyway. Izuku thought, remembering the time back during the Sports Festival.

"Alright. Begin."

Shinso immediately charged towards his friend, sending punches his way. But those punches proved to be futile as the greenette easily deflected them to the sides.

Shinso cursed in his mind.

Then Izuku sent a high kick towards the purplette, which the latter narrowly avoided by taking a few steps back. The greenette then doubled down with another attack, spinning his body then bringing his other foot down for another kick.

Shinso could only cross his arms in an attempt to stop the powerful kick.

Izuku may be shorter than him, but he's definitely more well-built and weighed more, making it difficult to push him back.

He also couldn't use his feet to sweep the greenette's other leg off the ground since they're the ones bracing him at the moment.

No choice. Shinso had to retreat for a while and put some distance between the two of them.

The two of them glared at each other during this little break in exchange as they wiped the sweat from their brows.

Tch. Easier opponent my ass. The only difference between him and Aizawa is that he's actually letting me touch him and he's actually exchanging attacks with me instead of letting me chase him around and then him doing a finisher move after a while. Shinso thought.

But Shinso was caught off guard when Izuku suddenly ran towards him and started sending kicks, giving him no choice but to move back every time to dodge the attacks.

Another thing. Izuku's fighting style right now is vastly different from when he uses his Quirk. Instead of throwing punches, he uses his hands to smoothly deflect his opponent's attacks, only using kicks as his main attacks. Shinso noted.

It's likely that he's using his legs since they have more reach. Compensating for the range he usually has while using his Quirk.

It's ingenious, actually. Shinso thought.

If you didn't know about it before, you would definitely be surprised.

"He doesn't know. And I hope you help keep it that way."

He was suddenly reminded of that man, making him lose focus for a second, letting one of Izuku's kicks hit him square in the face, sending him flying.

"Shinso!" Izuku cried with worry as he ran towards his friend.

That's right, it's the same for the circumstance he's in. If you didn't know that his brother and father were actually villains, you will definitely be surprised that someone aspiring to become a hero like Izuku is actually related to them. Shinso reflected as he wiped the blood flowing from his nose.

Of course, it also goes both ways. If you had no idea that All for One's youngest was going to UA, you'll be shocked once you learn of his existence. Shinso remarked.

"I'm so sorry, are you alright?" Izuku asked as he helped the purplette get on his feet.

"Don't be sorry. It's my fault I lost focus." He told the greenette.

"But that really hurt! You really weren't holding back." Shinso said as he checked if blood was still flowing from his nose.

Answer, it still was.

"As I had hoped." Aizawa said in a serious tone. "Now, go back to your starting positions! If you think you're getting a break just because one of you got hurt, think again."

"Yes, sir." The two boys answered with different levels of enthusiasm. Then Izuku proceeded to walk a few meters away.

"Keep one of these transmitters on your person the whole time."

Tomura's instructions echoed through the purplette's mind, making him touch the button-like transmitter he has stuck on the inside of his shirt's collar.

"And on your third night at the boot camp, stick the other one on Katsuki Bakugo."

"Tonight's the third night." Shinso whispered under his breath. He couldn't help but wonder why they would want Bakugo. What do they even need from him? He doesn't know.

But there's one thing he's almost certain.

Just like during that paparazzi and USJ breach, he's helping the League of Villains cause another incident for UA.

An incident that's going to happen tonight.

---

NOTES: Am I glad I tried to learn how to animate fights a while back! Really helps in choreographing fight scenes.