CHAPTER FORTY-THREE: Approach

It was 5 AM when the loud sounds of metal banging echoed through the room of 1-A's boys. "COME ON, YOUNG HEROES, IT'S TIME FOR YOUR TRAINING!" Pixie-Bob yelled out in conjunction.

The suddenness of the sound so early in the morning immediately sent the boys flying out of their beds and out the room... except for one.

"Hey, hey, hey! It's time for training!" Pixie-Bob repeated her banging now nearer the greenette.

"Hey! Hey!" Pixie-Bob called out again but then the greenette simply turned to his other side and went deeper into his blanket.

"Dammit, Tenko. It's 5 AM. Stop that noise. Training starts at 7." The greenette mumbled leaving the Pro Hero speechless.

T-Tenko? Who's that?

Then from behind her, came Aizawa-sensei with a frown.

Izuku, who thought he can finally return to his peaceful sleep, was suddenly surrounded by Aizawa's capture scarf, bound along with his blanket, now fully awake.

"Training starts at 5:30, unless you want to skip breakfast and train vigorously with an empty stomach, then be my guest." Aizawa said flatly.

"Y-yes, sir— I mean, no, sir! I wish to eat first." Izuku stuttered.

"Good." Aizawa stated as he started walking out the room, while carrying the still bound Izuku with his capture scarf.

This is okay... I guess. Izuku sighed in his mind.

---

It wasn't okay.

It's now 5:30... and Izuku is still bound in Aizawa-sensei's capture scarf. He had to eat while in such an uncomfortable state. A few of their classmates, and especially Shinso, could only laugh at his state, while Tenya simply added insult to injury when he chopmanded him as they ate.

"Before we begin, may I ask what kind of training you lot think you're going to go through?" Aizawa-sensei asked the students after they finally lined up.

"Kaminari." Aizawa called a name after a few second of no response. The blonde, of course, flinched.

"Uh... Uh... isn't it the same as the training we go through at school?? Only much stricter?" Denki could only muster what Aizawa could call a half-assed answer.

Their teacher sighed in disappointment.

"Tell me, how much do you think you've progressed?" He asked then he called a name, "Yaoyorozu."

"Sir, compared to before we started going to UA, we've definitely gained experience and have grown as seen during the exercise yesterday. We were able to coordinate more efficiently and—"

Before Momo could finish, Shota interrupted her, "How about your Quirks?"

The question took Momo aback and left her speechless.

"Tell me, compared to your first day when you had that Quirk test, how much has your Quirks grown?" Aizawa asked.

"T-that is..." Momo couldn't give an answer.

"Through all that you've went through during your first semester, you've definitely improved mentally and technically. However your Quirk growth is nothing to be proud of as it is non-existent." Aizawa explained.

"In this training camp, you will work to upgrade your Quirks." Then Aizawa gave them that sick smile of his.

"Be prepared because we will put you through the wringer."

The entire 1-A felt shivers crawl up their spines.

---

As Shota watched as his class all dispersed to get into their stations, he heard from behind him the voice of a boy he never forgot, "Um... Aizawa-sensei...?"

"As for you," Shota said as he finally released the greenette. "You're a different case from the rest, since you've already unlocked the full potential of your Quirk."

The greenette immediately started stretching his body and doing warm-ups as, Shota assumes, he always does during his own training sessions at home.

"But that's where the problem lies." Shota's words piqued Izuku. He then brought out a piece of paper.

"From what your brother told me and from what is written on this paper that your doctor provided, it would appear that you might have mastered your Quirk prematurely." Shota explained.

"Your body cannot handle the stress of going full power every time. Which is why instead of your Quirk, we're going to work of your body instead."

Izuku looked on with confusion, "But sensei, we've already tried everything to help my body to get used to full power, nothing has worked."

Shota frowned, "From what I understand from these notes, you've trained your Quirk ever since it manifested, correct?"

"Yes."

"Most of your training was for using your Quirk, yes?"

"Yes."

"And then after finding out the drawback of your Quirk, you trained while using a weaker power in the hopes of letting your body get used to the stress overtime, yes?"

"Yes."

"Then tell me, have you tried training just your body once in a while?"

Izuku was taken aback, "N-no. I don't think so."

Shota sighed, "The problem with your approach on making your body cope with the power of your Quirk is that you're rushing."

Shota grabbed on to his capture scarf letting it float and tense up, "Do you know how long it took me to master this tool of mine and combine it with my fighting style?"

"I-if I remember correctly—"

"Six years." Shota cut the greenette off. "And not once did I try to rush it because some stuff doesn't need to be rushed."

Izuku felt as if he was enlightened to the realization.

"So for your training, I want you to sprint, do push-ups, do curl ups, climb up a cliff, whatever it is you can do around here, but don't use your Quirk in any of them."

Izuku took a deep breath and yelled, "Yes, sir!"

Shota couldn't stop a smile from forming as he watched the boy run, lit up by the hope that one day, he may be able to use his full power again.

"Now then," Shota turned around.

"I apologize for making you wait." He told the purplette that was standing behind him, the boy's own capture cloth floating and tensing.

---