CHAPTER NINETEEN: Friends

NOTES: Edit, I should probably clarify, as long as they haven't touched the ground, and were still able to get back inside the ring, then they're safe. Think what Bakugo did during the Cavalry Battle in the anime, but in this round instead.

---

The battle between Shouto and Tenya was quick. Shouto had made a giant ice wall that went up even higher than the stadium itself, effectively trapping Tenya and rendering him unable to fight. Izuku saw how sad his friend was as he melted the ice around Tenya.

But now, he has to focus on his battle. He's going up against Itsuka Kendo from Class 1-B. She's from Hero Studies as well, so Izuku knows not to underestimate her.

She and Izuku took on a fighting stance.

"Begin!"

Activate: Air Cannon.

Izuku sent a punch towards Itsuki which the latter immediately dodged. Considering her Quirk, she probably specializes in melee combat.

Itsuka ran towards Izuku.

I don't think so. Izuku jumped up and over Itsuka using Air Cannon.

Izuku landed and deactivated his Quirks.

Now, on the opposite of where they had started, the two Presidents of their classes stood straight and faced each other. The two gave each other glares.

Izuku shifted to his right while still keeping his gaze on Itsuka. He took a step. The other also taking a step to her right.

Soon, they were circling like two animals preparing for a fight. Waiting for the right time to jump in.

Then there it was. As if on sync, the two Presidents ran towards each other.

Activate: Muscle Augmentation and Unbreakable.

Izuku punched with his right arm but Itsuka was able to easily deflect using her enlarged left hand.

Then with her right hand, she went in for an uppercut, only enlarging her hand on contact. Izuku immediately blocked with his right hand but Itsuka was still able to push him back, and the former was removed from the ground.

Seeing the chance, Itsuka grabbed both of Izuku's hands then she threw him out of the ring. But as she expected, the green haired boy used his strengthened arms to flung himself back within the ring.

Itsuka ran to where Izuku's trajectory would be and grabbed the boy's leg while he was in the air, then proceeded to throw him out of the ring. Again, the latter used his arms to bring himself back within the ring.

This time, however, Izuku seemed to have sent himself toward Itsuka's location. Before Itsuka could realize, the green haired boy cocked his arm back and punched downwards at the ginger.

The girl used her enlarged hands as a shield but the force was still enough to crack the floor beneath her.

Izuku landed on the floor and while his foe was temporarily blinded by her own shield, he grabbed one of her hands and threw her off the ring.

"Izuku wins!" Midnight announced as Itsuka touched the ground. Izuku ran towards his schoolmate and helped her up.

"You alright? I didn't throw you too hard, did I?" Izuku asked.

"No. Did I?" Itsuka asked.

"No, I'm fine. Great fight, by the way." Izuku commented.

"Next fighters, please come to the ring." Midnight announced which prompted Izuku and Itsuka to get back inside the stadium. They soon went their ways to meet up with their classmates.