CHAPTER SIXTY-SIX: Dad III

Two days after All Might's battle with All for One and the latter's escape, the now former no. 1 hero remains at a hospital at Kamino to recover.

The fact that he was the reason why All for One was able to be rescued still haunted him. He might've won their battle, but the outcome was far from a victory.

It was decided that it was for the better if the fact that All for One was able to escape was kept secret to the public. It was a strict gag order.

The reveal of All Might's true form, as well as the announcement of his retirement had already put great uncertainty into the minds of the people. News that a monster like All for One still roamed about would thrust society into dark times.

(a/n: manga war flashes っ╥╯﹏╰╥c oh yeah, speaking of—)

The door opened, making Toshinori look over and find that it was Gran Torino and Naomasa.

"How are you feeling, Toshinori? I'm sorry I couldn't visit you sooner." Naomasa apologized.

"It's fine." Toshinori forced a bright tone in his voice, but his friend knows that it was a lie.

Toshinori can't use One for All anymore, All for One is still out there, and Toshinori has to handle the fact that Tomura is his predecessor's grandson. All of that must be hard to take in.

"Toshinori, about Tomura," Gran Torino suddenly brought up the topic.

"It's possible that All for One wasn't lying that his son's grandmother being Nana." The old hero stated.

"Nana realized that she won't be able to raise her daughter while she worked as a hero so she sent her only daughter to an orphanage. It was also for her own protection against that man."

Sorahiko clenched his fist, "But to think that he had a child with Nana's daughter after all that."

The room's atmosphere dimmed.

--

Meanwhile, at the Midoriya household, after all the excitement that occurred within one week, Izuku was expectedly exhausted. He was still asleep, even though it was already 10 am.

The door to the greenet's room opened a bit, and an eye peered in. The eye's owner grinned ominously.

The person quietly entered the room. Careful not to make any sound as he made his way towards the sleeping greenet, a pair of cymbals held by his bandaged hand.

When he was finally at the side of the greenet's bed, he held out the cymbals. He took a deep breath and started clanging the cymbals, "WAKE UP! WAKE UP! IT'S ALREADY NOON! DAD'S HERE! DAD'S HOME! WAKE UP!!!"

The sudden noise made Izuku jump and accidentally fall to the other side of the bed.

"Izuku!" The person immediately ran to the greenet's side.

"T-Tenko! You're back? Since when?" Izuku was shocked.

Tenko smiled and answered, "This morning, actually. I was going to wake you up but Dad said to let you sleep."

"That never stopped you before." Izuku retorted.

"Well, Dad wasn't here to stop me before." Tenko told him. Izuku looked at his brother in confusion.

Tenko sighed and gave a smug smile, "Were the cymbals too loud or did you just not understand what I said earlier?"

"What did you say earlier?"

Tenko laughed, "I said Dad's home! He came home with me earlier this morning. He's currently at the kitchen if you—"

Before Tenko could even finish what he was going to say, Izuku immediately raced out of the room, making his big brother laugh.

He then took a seat on the bed and smiled, "After six years, huh?"

--

The door to the kitchen suddenly slammed open, catching the attention of the cooks and Hisashi.

"Izuku! Good morning. Did you have a nice sleep or did Tenko woke you up with those cymbals? I bet it's the latter." Hisashi giggled.

Izuku's eyes started to tear up, "Dad..."

"I told him not to wake you up, but your brother's just so stubborn—"

Hisashi was cut off when Izuku ran towards him and hugged his father as his tears finally burst, "Dad... I missed you so much."

Hisashi smiled and hugged his son back, "It's okay now, Izuku. I'm home."

Tenko peeked into the kitchen and saw the scene. He crossed his arms and smiled.

Dad kept his promise, Izuku. Tenko thought.

"What's going on, Tenko-nii?" Tenko looked down to the person who spoke. Then he kneeled down to match the child's height.

"Izuku-nii finally woke up, Eri. We'll introduce you to him later, okay?" Tenko told the child then patted her head. Compared to a few months ago when Chisaki cruelly cut off all her hair, her hair was now at her neck's length.

So that's Izuku-nii, my other new brother... Eri thought.

---

NOTES: Apologies if this chapter is a little short. My brain is still drained from all the action during the camp and Kamino, as well as from reorganizing my notes for this AU.