A little snipet

Hello,

Towards the end of last year one of your messaged me and asked me if I could write a little about Violet's baby. I debated it a little bit because I love my characters in this story dearly, but I have other characters to care for now (Please go check out Moonless if you have a chance, I'm bent on finish it before I return to school for my doctorate). But if it'll help lift some spirts, it'll be worth revisiting these characters. Anyways, enjoy this like peek at Violet's and Henry's life together!
————————————————

"Henry!" I screamed, there came a loudbang from the bedroom, followed by several muffled curses and Henry came staggering into the kitchen.

His electric blue eyes were wild with concern.

"What!?" Henry demanded.

"Fern threw-up on me, take her before I barf too!" I cried, while I thrusted her into Henry's arms.

Henry took our child and cradled it against his chest. "Really? You spent 400 years in purgatory but you can't spend 4 secs with throw-up on you?"

I ignored him and rushed over to the sink and quickly began cleaning of the green gunk off my black shirt.

"I have to go. Santana found another portal and I have to get there before more capital soldier's arrive, they are two days away."

"You're leaving again?

His words said waves of guilt rolling through my body. I turned towards him while I continued to wipe of my shirt. "You know I hate to leave her..."

"A baby this young needs her mother."

"Yeah, I know. But a couple portals need to be closed too. And until Fern can make it through a day without pooping her pants, it's up to me."

"Just get back as soon as you can," he grumbled.

I grinned and cross the room to him and grabbed his face and pulled it towards mine.  I planted a kiss on his lips.  "I love you, you are the best stay-at-home daddy ever!"

"Stop calling me that!"

"Oh stop denying your true purpose in life," I joked.", "and remember..."

"If she gets sick, take her down to Emily, I know that without having you to tell me."

"Yeah but..."

"That was one time, and I had it all under control."

"Sure you did," I said and patted his cheek.  "Anyways I'll be back soon."

I raced out of the cottage, where Deception was waiting patiently. Jermey and Emily had helped us build a cottage of our own higher in the mountains, and better hidden from view. It was getting too dangerous for us to stay with them in their cottage further down in the valley.

Deception and Nessie were laying together in the grass in the lawn right outside.

I walked up to him and climbed onto Deceptions back and tapped his sides with my feet, "Come on let's go boy!" I said.

Deception gave a reluctant glance back at Nessie before, raising to his feet unfurling his wings.

"Come on, let's go or I'll tell Darkrose you are cheating on her with Nessie."

Deception growled softly before, taking a running start and leaping into the air.