Part 2 Chapter 22

Marker; 1,052,573 votes and 55,968 votes

AN; The story is speeding towards its end? Are you ready? Thanks for reading(:- Sam

Please check out Perfervid's profile. She makes amazing covers and she's in the process of making me a new one! She made one for my other story, The Pearl. Check it out to see the cover and read another story by me(;
——————————————

I watched my mother pace back and forth on the dirt ground. She was dressed in a short dress and around her neck, she wore her sparkling green amulet that I recognized from our old house that made her smell like rosemary. Every time she turned her blonde curls would fly around her head and she would walk to the other side of the tent and the process would continue again and again.

Finally, I grew tired of watching her after about ten minutes. I know ironic considering after four hundred years, listening to the dead drone on about the times they were alive, you would've thought I developed some patience, but that wasn't the case.

She could get over it. Heck, there wasn't a day that went by when I was with her that she didn't crack a joke about what I had just done to embarrass me.

I walked over to the table of food and pulled out one of the chairs positioned around it the table and began to pile food onto my plate and began to eat it with the fork and knife that had been placed beside it. The feeling of food and water sliding down my throat felt odd and alien but the taste of it alone was enough to get me through it.

"...and now you're eating and not paying any attention to what I'm saying!" my mother yelled and I looked up sharply from my plate of food and into my mother's angry blue eyes.

"Huh?" I said.

Henry, who had climbed to his feet a long time ago, rubbed his face with his hand, "Glad to see that some things don't change about you after four hundred years," he said.

My mother whirled around, "Quiet!" she said pointing at him, "You're not allowed to talk right now!"

Henry let out a short laugh and his electric blue blazed. He shook his head slowly,"I'm allowed to do whatever I want!" he shot back, "And she's allowed to do whatever the hell she wants! I think she's capable of making her own decisions by now, so do a solid and back off."

If looks could kill Henry would probably have at least ten swords sticking out of his chest right now.

"Yes she is capable of making decisions, but she never makes good ones!" she spat back, "Like...." and proceeded to list our out all the poor decisions I had made in my life along the living, which turned out was a lot apparently. She finished with me leaving her again and I cringed.

I put down my fork, "Mom," I said and both Henry and my mother visibility cringed and covered their ears with their hands, "Sorry," I apologized switching back to the language of the living, "Anyways, I don't see why this is such a big deal to you. You were always the one urging me to go on dates with boys, hold their hands, make out with them..."

My mom rolled her eyes and blew a piece of her hair out of her face, "Um yeah that's called having FUN what you two were doing is called making babies. And plus out of all men on this planet, him really?"

I nodded, "Yes him really."

"Hello?" a familiar's girl's voice floated into the tent.

"We're in here Emily?" my mom called and I watched as Emily in a beautiful white dress with lace sleeves and a collar stepped into the tent holding a little girl wearing a white dress with a blue bow with tight blonde curls.