♤Chapter 9

An

24 Votes!!! 35 is my goal, so I'm getting there! This chapter was really hard for me to write for some reason. Maybe it's back to school blues? Well anyway, enjoy and vote if you like. Voting and comment make me write faster! Thanks for reading<3 -Sam

"What do you mean they help run the school!?" I practically screamed. "Some safe place this is when the ones running it are a bunch of murderers!"

The ghost scowled at me. "Do you like to be dramatic or something? Relax, they didn't mean to kill me."

I stared at her in disbelief. "Wait, why did you just tell me they murdered you then?

She shrugged her shoulders. "Sounded more dramatic, but they still covered it up. It's a step away from murder. Basically, it was way to get me back for a prank. It was meant to burn off all my hair, but it kind of burnt....well all of me."

I let out an exasperated sigh. "Well, that doesn't make it much better." I belly flopped onto the bed and buried my head into the pillow.

"What doesn't make it much better?" I raised my head to see Henry standing in the dorm.

"Nothing," I said rolling over on my side to face him.

He narrowed his eyes at me. "The Headmistress would like to see you now." He informed me.

"The headmistress, do you mean principal?" I sat up and combed my fingers through my unruly waves.

"Sure, whatever you want to call her, come on she doesn't have all day." He gave me and impatient look.

"Are you sure you aren't the one that doesn't have all day?" I thought as I got off the bed and followed him.

We arrived in front of a set of two beautifully carved doors a short time later. Henry raised his hand and knocked on them. As we waited for an answer, I realized, with a start, that these were the only doors I had seen in the entire castle.

"Come in," a voice called from the other side. The doors opened to reveal a woman with gray hair sitting behind a desk. She was scribbling on a piece of paper in front of her. She looked up when we came in and, I saw that her eyes were the same gray color as her hair.

"Ah Miss Silver, so glad that you could finally join us. I'm Greta, the headmistress here. I glad I was finally able to meet you ." She gave me a smile without any warmth. I didn't bother to return it.

Henry looked back and forth between us and frowned. He elbowed me in my ribcage. "Nice to meet you too," I mumbled, looking at the ground.

The headmistress stood and walked around her desk. She stopped right in front of me and grabbed my chin. She lifted my head and studied my face before letting it go.

"Did Mr. Hemlock explain the rules to you?" She questioned and glanced over at Henry. He averted his eyes. She walked back to her desk. She sat down and laced her fingers together before resting them on the top of the desk. "Well if he didn't, here they are." She continued. "First things first, you aren't allowed to use magic in the dorms or outside of class. Second, you may not use magic to harm a student or staff in any way. Thirdly, you are not allowed to have contact with the outside world or leave the school's premises, until the instructors, or I deem you as being competent of controlling your powers. Four, you will not tell anybody the existence of this school. And finally, you must go to classes starting at 8 am and return to your dorm at 8 pm. Here is your schedule, you start tomorrow."

She snapped her fingers, and a piece of paper floated into her hands. She held it out to us. Henry walked over to her desk and accepted my schedule from her, before going back to stand beside me. He handed me the paper, which I reluctantly accepted.