Part 2 Chapter 19

Marker; 935,089 reads and 49889 votes

An; So this chapter is kind of boring but the chapters following are about to get really exciting! Please comment and vote, I love hearing what you guys are thinking! Anyways, thanks for reading! -Sam
———————————————-
"You want her to do what and I need to just trust her!?" I asked for the third time. I just couldn't believe what he was saying.

Santana slept in the bed feet from the table me and Neeva were sat at. Every once in a while, she stirred in her sleep and I tried to lower my voice as not to wake her. Not because I didn't want to wake her, but because I liked her better when she was sleeping.

We had decided to move our conversation into Neeva's tent again. The same place we had been sitting when he had been discussing the other side of the veil, and where we had been then interrupted by griffons attacking our camp. I prayed that our conversation wouldn't be interrupted by something like that again or by something worse.

"You want me to repeat what I had just said for the third time?" Neeva said, giving me a perplexed look like he couldn't understand why I couldn't seem to wrap my head around the insane thing he wanted me to do.

"Yes say it again," I said and began to chew on my lip. Just thinking about his insane plan made me nervous, like stomach-squeezed-so tights-not-even-a-boy-scott-could-untie-it kind of nervous.

Neeva scratched his head, "You're mother informed me that school was not your strength, but my poor daughter, I didn't know you head was this incapable of the thought process."

"Wait what!? I got all Bs and Cs, and sometimes I got As! Who are you calling a bad student Mr. crazy-weird-ridiculous-totally-not-doing-it-plan!?" I said angrily and blew a stray piece of black hair out of my face.

My father cleared his throat and I could've sworn he looked embarrassed "Your mother once told me how she would go to your school with a low cute shirt and go discuss your "grades" with your teachers. Notice how only female teachers gave you Cs?"

My mouth popped open, "No she didn't!" I said, wondering how I never noticed before that I only got bad grades when my teachers were girls, "But speaking of which, have you told my mother what you're planning to do?" I asked, "Wait, I'm sure you didn't because there's no way she would go for it ever it!"

I was about to say a thousand years, but then I realized Neeva had been alive more than a thousand years, "More than all the years you've been alive!" I said instead.

"I have not approached your mother on this fragile subject because I just realized that we have no choice but to do it until just a few moments of time ago," Neeva said, "It is something I rather not happened."

"If you rather it not happen, then why are you having your only daughter go and do it!? Oh wait it's okay because she has the replacement child, but what you might not know is you never needed to have it in the first place!" I raved and slammed my hand hard on the table and stood up from my chair. The table shook a bit and Santana shifted in her bed and mumbled something in her sleep.

"What do you mean?" Neeva asked, lowering his voice to a whisper, probably in consideration for Santana who was still sleeping.

"You don't need a powerful Halfling to seal the vortex in the sky, you just need to cut off the power source that is fueling them, which is this weird orange globe thing connected to all those... these Halfling kids," I said," I just figured it out. So you brought another fifth element user into this world for no good reason at all! So why should I listen to your stupid plan!" I said, and let out a series of nervous laughs. I covered my mouth but they just kept coming. I guess the stress was getting to me finally. I was one more crazy thing happening away from breaking down completely.