♧Chapter 31

AN; I just want to say one thing. I love you guys! It's crazy how I have 300 votes and 8389 reads! So to show how much I love it, I wrote this awesome chapter for you. Enjoy! (: Thanks for reading<3 -Sam

"Danny!" I said and began to walk towards him. He was standing at the edge of the camp, with his head bowed down, leaning up against a tree for support. He was wearing the clothes I had last seen him in, but they were ripped and covered in dirt

"Violet, stay back. I don't want to hurt you," he warned.

"You won't hurt me," I reassured him, but those words seemed uncertain to my own ears. Something didn't feel right about him. Danny looked up, and I stopped dead in my tracks, his eyes were completely black.  I choked out a gasp

" Why are your eyes like that?" I asked my voice quivering. I took another step towards him

He opened his mouth and hissed. I saw that his mouth was filled with long pointy fangs, which dripped with some toxic looking black liquid. "I said stay back!" he snapped.

I held my hands up, "Okay, okay, no problem, I won't get any closer to you. I promise."

Danny's face relaxed, and he looked away from me, inhaling deeply, and then sliding to the ground. He leaned his back up against the tree. I scrutinized him carefully, before following his lead and joining him on the forest floor, but a safe distance away.

"Why are all these people you know...like this?" I asked, gesturing to the frozen government soldier behind us. "Are you doing this?" All their eyes seemed to be aimed directly at the spot we were sitting.

"Yes, but I don't know how! This has never happened before, but then again what's new?" Danny said bitterly and ran his fingers through his wavy brown hair repeatedly. "I'm not even sure how I got here. All I know is... never mind."

"What do you know?"

He looked at me for a second time, but this time his eyes were back to their normal green color, and the fangs were gone. The wrong feeling was gone too. I watched conflicting emotions danced across his now normal face, while he looked at my face and into my eyes.

"What do you know?" I tried again, and this time I got an answer.

"I knew that I was here to kill everybody in this camp," his voice was soft and deadly, and it sent chills along my spine.

"I knew that they had you and that they were going to take you to an awful place. I was going to slaughter them all like I killed those men back by the lake when that troll of a man took you away!" he gritted his teeth together. "It felt good to rip them apart, knowing that they were there to hurt you." He flexed his fingers like he was reliving the whole thing. I noticed his eyes were beginning to go black again.

"Danny!" I yelled, and he jumped. He looked at me like he was surprised that I was there. Then his face crumbled.

"What the  is going on with me Violet?" he asked, his voice full of sadness and despair "What did you do to me back at that cliff when I fell?"

I felt tears begin to slide down my cheeks, "I don't know!" my voice began to quiver, " I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to turn you into a goblin. I was just trying to save your life. It was before I knew what I was."

"A goblin?"

I stopped crying, "Yeah, didn't you know you were a goblin?" As soon the words left my mouth, I felt like punching myself in the face. Of course, he didn't know he was a freaking goblin. I hadn't known until recently myself.

"No, " he said, shaking his head. He looked like he was in complete and total awe.

"Well, you're a goblin. Surprise!" I said and laughed awkwardly. What was wrong with me? I wiped the lingering tears away with the back of my hand.