Part 2 Chapter 12

AN; (From the 2017 present) Ladies if you ever want to turn off your guy friend's overly persistent friend text him back in Neeva's speech pattern. I did it by accident but it worked😂😂😂

He asked me if I was coming to this party he was hosting at his place or something like that and I responded with , "No, my academic responsibilities prevent me from coming to your gathering."

I'm literally crying omg😭😭😭 Anyways enjoy the story!
-----------------------------------------------------

"I know," I said.

Neeva looked down at me, with two purple pools swimming with confusion "You do?" he asked.

I bobbed my head, and brushed some of my long black hair away from my face "Yeah...ah dad, me and Henry have been investigating all of the activity going on over there. We didn't know it was Greta for sure, but we figured she had something to do with it..." I trailed off and glanced around me quickly, to make sure no one was close enough to hear me, before I lowered my voice and leaned in closer to his ear, "I'm not sure if you already know this but beyond the veil, there is no magic."

He leaned far enough away from me so he could look at my face, "No, I was not aware of this fact, until you told me just now."

"Okay well there isn't, well almost none, so when something magical entered that world, you can feel it from a ten mile radius in all directions. That includes mostly objects from this world, but one time the thing that crossed over was not an object." I shivered with the chill the memory brought.

Flashback, five months earlier in the other world

"Henry, can we please take a break or at least slow down a bit!" I gasped, while I tried to keep up with him on the steep dirt path that snaked through a clump of unfamiliar woods behind a Denny's. We had been running at full speed for at least ten minutes, which might as well been a half hour based on the pace we were keeping.

The sky around us was falling from a light blue into a bright yellow, and the ground was muddy and slippery from the heavy rain the night before, which prevented me from getting good traction to properly propel myself forward. At least I had the common sense to tie my unruly black curls into a bun before We left, so at least it wasn't blinding me like it usually did.

Henry either didn't hear me or chose ignore me, because he kept sprinting in front of me without pause. The back of his black t-shirt became farther and farther away and I knew I would soon lose sight of him.

Really, I loved that he took care of himself, but did he really have to be that physically fit? I mean I had started working out a bit this year, having a boyfriend that exercises constantly is good motivation. I wasn't that much of a slob anymore, but dear gods, it should be illegal to create someone that could run that fast!?

I was so concentrated on Henry in front of me and the burning in my lungs, that I missed the rock protruding from the ground in front of me until it was too late and I rammed my foot into it at full force. A sharp pain fired up my leg and I was forced to a screeching stop.

I hobbled over to one of the tall skinny trees that lined the obscure forest path and leaned against the slightly damp bark. I removed the Toms I had slipped on this morning when our plans had just been dinner, and not jogging through the woods behind it.

Henry and I had actually just been seated, when a magic wave so strong that it had caused me to physically jerk in my seat, hit. Henry had jumped to his feet, and we had stared, wide eye, at each other from across the table for a brief second.

"What do you think that was?" I had asked him.

He had reached his hand inside his jeans and dug out a ten dollar bill and slapped it on the table, "I'm not sure, but that wasn't a book, or a cup, or pants."