Part 2 Chapter 33

2,453,292 reads and 137,352

AN; Permission to harass me on September Oct 16 in my indox for an update sorry guys!

I walked all over the camp and stopped only to peeked in various hospital tents, where I finally found Henry, with his eyes closed tightly in sleep, while an IV dripping with purple liquid snacked its way beneath his skin. This was becoming an all too familiar routine to me as I walked over to him and planted a lite kiss on his cheek.

My next mission was to find Arnold, and when I eventually found him, he was crouched down on the ground a "safe" distance away from the portal.  When I got closer to him, I saw his hands were dug deep into the soil and the blue lighting of the portal crackle ominously behind him. Beside him, stood two menacing figures. Upon my approach they both turned to me, their eyes glowing an eerie hot white in the darkness. I realized that they were clay dolls like I had seen before back in that dreaded school. There brownish-gray cracked skins were barely visible under the week moonlight."

"Hello Violet," Arnold said in his monotone voice.

"Hello Arnold," I said and stopped before I got anywhere closer to him.

"One day, you will help me make a child. I just realized it."

"Excuse me?" I asked.

"Yes excuse me?" Henry said beside me and my eyes shifted to the right to see Henry was standing beside me.  I looked at him, startled. Where had he come from? I hadn't even heard him join us. It was like he had appeared out of nowhere.

"Don't worry," Arnold said, his eyes shifted behind the thick lenses of his glass to Henry. "I won't make her my wife, I'll just take our child."

I shivered at the thought of just...ew but I had way more important things to worry about "Okay well I'm not even sure if you are even old enough to understand the dragons and the sea monsters, but that's not going to happen with me or you. But I do need something from you but first," I shifted my body so I was now half facing Henry.

"Why are you out of bed and what's this about you having magic exhaustion!? I thought that you were just heading back to the battle to "pick people up"? 

Henry shook his head at me, "I don't remember but what does it matter? What matters is that you aren't going anywhere, at least not until I am healed enough to go with you."

"I can't wait that long, and go back and stick that IV in your arm. When are you going to take a break from not resting and nearly killing yourself?"

"As soon as you take a break from being stupid and reckless !" he retorted then inhaled deeply. "You need rest more than me, you just raised an army of the dead."

"I can't rest!  But you can." I turned towards Arnold, "Anyways, I need you to come over with me to your world and kill some soulless monsters with me. I have a feeling you can.  I'm not sure why though but an angle hinted that I would have to bring something inhuman over to fight monsters currently terrorizing your world, and you're pretty good at making inhuman things."

"So there's zombies over there eating people?" Arnold asked, and pulled his hand out from the mud and that's when a clay arm shot out of the earth and began clawing its way to the surface.  I watched in morbid fascination, while an entire clay man slowly formed from the earth and emerged to stand beside the other two clay men with glowing white eyes.

"Yeah, sure whatever you call them," I replied.

"Well I guess it would be cool to kill zombies, but I don't really want to save the people they would eat. It would be interesting to watch them all get devoured bit by bit. But if my future bride wants me to go over and kill the zombies, I will do it for you."