♡Chapter 4

Danny^

AN

So yay 10 votes! I was excited to just get 1 lol. Anyways keep voting and commenting, it's easier to write when you know people actually like it:p(: Thanks for reading<3- Sam

"Danny, Danny!?" I cried, leaning my face closer to his. "Can you hear me?"

Danny let out a loud moan. It was one of the most beautiful sounds I had ever heard in my life because A, it meant he was definitely alive and B he was semi-conscious.

"Daaannnyyy!" a girl's voice called from above us scaring the crapaples out of me and making me lose my balance and topple onto Danny. Our foreheads smacked off each other with a loud thunk.

"Ow," he mumbled, his eyes beginning to flicker open. He looked at me with green eyes clouded with confusion and pain.

"Hold on, I'll get help," I told him and took off running, but before I got more than ten feet away help came in the form of Bridget Heavenly.

The sound of rocks being forced into a different shape echoed through the forest.

I ducked behind a tree and watched from behind its trunk, while steps magically appeared in front of Bridget along the side of the rock ledge. Her ball of light floated a couple feet in front of her.

"How the hell did you get down here so fast?" she said and giggled. She reached the ground and walked to where Danny was lying.

I noticed that her steps weren't exactly steady, apparently, someone had a little too much to drink.

"Hey, are you sleeping? Come on get..." Her voice trailed off when she sensed something was off. She flicked her fingers, and the ball of light floated over to hover above Danny.

I heard her take a quick intake of breath. She ran the last couple of feet to Danny and knelt beside him. "Rockatope!" she yelled and clapped her hands over her head.

A stone rectangle formed under them and began rising out of the earth until it was a couple of inches high. Then with a sound that could only be compared to the sound that giant chalk would make if pressed too hard on a giant chalkboard, it slid across the ground for a couple seconds, before taking off into the air.

I came out from behind the tree, once they were gone, and walked to where they had been.

There was a little rectangular indent in the earth, but besides that it was like they hadn't even been there.

"Violet!" Emily's voice called from within the forest. She sounded frantic.

I took a big gulp of air. "I'm over here," I called back.

"Where is here?" another girl's voice answered.

"Wait, I see her!" a boy's voice shouted and I heard the sound of bushes rustling, and out came Emily's youngest brother, Carson.

"What are you doing out here?" I asked the twelve-year-old in confusion.

"Looking for you, Emily couldn't find you, so she came back to the house for help." He smiled at me smugly. "Mom is really mad."

Just then Emily came running into the clearing. She barreled straight into me and threw her arms around me. We both went toppling over as our feet tangled.

"Violet!" she bawled. "I'm so sorry!" I felt tears on her cheeks as she pressed her face against mine. "I thought you were behind me, and then I turned around and you were gone."

"It's alright," I said and dropped my voice to a whisper. "But why did you go back to your house and get your family? We were only separated for about 30 minutes at the most."