Part 2 Chapter 54

Marker; 3,753,818 reads and 212,215 votes!

AN; Last Chapter :')  Please comment your final thoughts on the book. Praise and CONSTRUCTIVE criticism are welcome(:

"Violet wait!" Santana said but there was no stopping me. I charged through the portal. I felt my body stretch every so slightly and I was suddenly face down in the dirt.

" Really, Violet!?" I heard Santana say the approach me while I climbed to my feet. "How many times do I have to tell you not to run through the portal? The only way to have a decent landing is to walk though them. Can you at least dismiss your mind blocking spell so I can at least read your mind and see what's wrong. The letter burned up before I could read it."

We were now standing in front of a yellow cottage nestled in the middle of two big trees. To the right of the cottage was a vegetable garden and beside that, a bed of medical herbs. This is were Henry was staying with Dr. Nightingale, Emily, and Peter, while they tended to him.

Two dragons sunned themselves in the yard. One was blue and one was a light pink. Nessie opened her golden eyes to watch me while I approached and Darkrose, Emily's dragon, opened her silver eyes too.

Nessie's pupils dilated when they spotted Deception and she let a cloud of steam escape from her nostrils. She turned her head to the side and continued sleeping. Meanwhile Darkrose kept a vigilant eye on us while we passed.

I ignored Santana's words, I was in a full blown panic, "Emily!?" I called out. "Where are you?" I ran up to the dirt path to the cottage. I began to bang my fist frantically against the simple wooden door that served as their only entrance inside.

There was a click of the lock from the other side and the door creaked open, until Emily stood there blinking at me wide eyed, "Oh my goodness Violet, you scared me nearly half to death. I thought that the soldiers found us for sure and were trying to beat down our door!"

"Where is he!?" I asked brushing past her into the kitchen. I had been their only once before, because Henry had developed a fever and it looked like he wasn't going to make it. Besides that, I distanced myself far away from this place as possible.

The kitchen counters crowed with food. It looked like Emily had been cooking a feast right before I had come. I felt anger boil up in me.  How could she be cooking when Henry was in such danger?

Vivian had been right about me having a huge target on my forehead. They had found us three times already. Not sure how, but we had managed to get away with very little trouble two times, but the last time had escaped by a fraction of a troll hair.

I ran back to a simple room with swirling yellow and green walls where Henry and John had been recovering in for the last couple months. I found both beds and the room very empty.

John had made a quick recovery since then, and had joined Vivian in the capital. They were now both working to rebuild Timalia's government.

I felt tears spring to my eyes. Where was he!? I sat down on the bed and buried my face in my hands.

The last time I was here Vivian and John were preparing to leave. Vivian had cleared John's name from having any kind of association with well me. Henry had been doing better, well at least that was according to Dr. Nightingale. To me it still appeared he was still I in deep sleep with no sighs of waking up.

"Holy cow, Violet!" Emily called to me from the door. "I haven't seen you like this since I contacted you about Henry's fever, didn't you get my letter I left for your spirit things?"

"I did, I said something like come back immediately, there was a drastic change in his case, he- and the next two lines were smudge out, and than it said something about danger and soldiers!?"