Part 2 Chapter 2

An; So you guys are just too amazing! 37903 reads and 1352 votes! Sorry if you get sick of me saying this, but you guys are truly the best readers a girl could ever have!(: Anyways sit back and enjoy this chapter! It's in Violet's pov, and I think you guys are going to like it(: Thanks for reading<3 -Sam(: (boring chapter, next one is better I promise)

"So this is the place, huh?" I said, moving closer to Henry and wrapping my arm tightly around the crook of his elbow. We were standing in front of a house where a crowd, holding candles, had gathered just outside. The sky was a deep shade of midnight blue and the candles glowed within that darkness like tiny beacons in the darkness.

I pressed my face against Henry's arm and breathed in his scent. He smelled like a mixture of pine, leather, and bonfire. I felt my pounding heart slow down a couple of beats. I exhaled in relief.

What we were about to do was probably not going to end well. The last victim's family we had approached, the father had shoved a gun into our faces and threatened to shoot us if we didn't leave. Our other previous attempts to talk to the other families had also not gone well, but the gun was a first.

We had been investigating the disappearances of the kids ever since Henry had noticed the strange symbols associated with all the disappearances, a pentagram with irregular symbols written above each point of the star. What had drawn our interest to it was Henry seemed to have remembered seeing a similar symbol in Greta's office back at the academy.

We approached a woman handing out candles to those who didn't have one yet. She had tired, sad-looking blue eyes, and her white-blonde hair looked like it hadn't been washed in days. Judging by her unkempt appearance, the woman was either the mother of the girl that had vanished or someone was very close to her

"Thank you for coming," she said and handed me one and then one to Henry. She lit both of them with a lighter.

Even though I had been living in this world for almost a year, I still couldn't quite get used to the fact that people had to use devices for things we normally accomplished with magic. Back in our world, we could've just lit that candle with a snap of our fingers, no matter what element you were, you were capable of simple spells from other elements. You were actually capable of more complex spells of the other elements too, but that fact had been hidden from the general population a long time ago, as I had learned.

"Excuse me," Henry said. "Are you Savannah Blair's mom."

"I am, did you go to school with her?" she asked.

"No, but do you mind showing us the spot that they found the symbol? he asked with no emotion what so ever in his voice. "I'm so sorry your daughter is missing."

I tensed up. "Henry!" I whispered angrily, "We've been over this, you got to be really sensitive when asking someone a question like that!"

"I said I was sorry her daughter was missing!?"

The woman tensed up and opened her mouth to speak.

Here it comes, I thought and braced myself to be yelled outz

But before she could say anything, a girl with brown hair and similar blue eyes appeared beside her.

"Mom, let's just show them it," the girl said, touching the blonde woman's arm gently

"But Santana, your sister's disappearance is not for someone's entertainment per-" the woman began.

"Mom, these freaks won't go away until they get what they want, don't you remember that group of boys? They broke into our house in the middle of the night, and went into her room, searching for that stupid mark! I don't know about you, but I rather not wake up to that again!" she glared at us, "If you follow me, I'll show you, but only if you promise to leave right after I do."