Part 2 Chapter 38

Markers;  2,856,807 reads 160,047 votes

AN; Next update is on the 16th, so I have not updated by 17th remind me!

I sat up and gasped and came face to face with Amber who was crouched beside me with a worried expression on her face. The channeling weapon was still clutched tightly in my hand and it felt like it would literally take a crowbar to pry them off it anytime soon.

"Violet?" she said softly and I slowly began to climb to my feet, although very shakily. For a split second, my legs gave out from under me, but I quickly caught myself and began to stagger towards the doors. My limbs felt stiff like they had been glued in a specific position and now they really didn't want to budge from their spot.

"We need to move these," I said and grabbed a chair that was stacked on top of a dresser drawer and tossed it to the side, while I had the spear still wrapped tightly in my grip. The chair landed with a loud thud across the room and one of its legs splattered off.

I then proceeded to scale the mountain of furniture Amber had stacked in front of the doors and tried to knock off as many pieces from the top as possible. I succeeded in my mission and managed to knock down half the pile and almost buried Amber under a coffee table and three wooden chairs.

Amber managed to dodge the falling furniture in the nick of time, but she did give me a sour expression before saying "Violet, are you going crazy!? What are you doing!?" she said and placed her hands on her black pants and stared up at me.

"I returned all of the souls that I could, and now the completely soulless are agitated and want them back, and they're coming to rip them away again from the people outside this door, so we need to move fast!"

"Violet, even if those things out there are human again, we can't let them in. We can't fit all of those people in here!" Amber said, a little bit of panic in her voice.

I turned away from the chair I was trying to pick up, and looked at her for a very brief second, and saw she was moving towards me. She looked mad and I knew I had about five seconds to explain myself, or I was about to be on the ground with my arm behind my head.

"I'm not moving these so they can get in", I motioned towards the door where the hypothetical people now stood behind, "I'm moving all this so we can get out."

"Oh..okay Amber," said slowly, "So what's the game plan here then? Get out of here and kill these things before they take the souls again? All the while distracting them from the people you just returned to normal, so they don't get in the way again?"

"Yeah pretty much and that plan involves Arnold, so I need to find him. I didn't see him when I was out of my body. So, if you wouldn't mind and help me move this stuff so we can get these doors open."

Amber nodded and climbed the significantly smaller pile of furniture until she stood beside me and began to help me move the furniture away from the door until we could push it open enough so we could easily slip out.

I opened the door a little and peeked outside and saw ... absolutely nothing. The streets were empty of life. All I saw was a couple of dead bodies scattered here and there in the space in front of the building. Everything was completely silent, except for a couple distant screams and banging sounds that echoed eerily off the buildings.

The banging wasn't that of a gunshot going off, but they were the sounds of something throwing itself violently against something else. Exactly what was being thrown against what, I did not know, all I knew was it wasn't good though.

"Well you don't have to worry about a mob rushing in here," I said, quietly closing the door behind me. "It appears that they left to find their own hiding places, but they didn't take their dead with them, but they did take the injured, instead of leaving them behind like last time. At least that's what I'm guessing," I turned and looked at Amber, "Are you coming? I need you to look at something for me."