♤Chapter 13

An

Hey, so I just realized that there hadn't been a lot of element using in this book, so this chapter will hopefully make up for that. Thanks for reading<3 - Sam

"What the hells!??" I growled as I pulled the rest of my shirt up to expose the remaining portion of my stomach. Spiraling out from my belly button and across my entire stomach was and intricate spiral tattoo. I licked my finger with my tongue and began desperately rubbing it against the ugly thing, but to no avail.

"Please don't tell me this is permanent," I said more to myself than Henry.

Henry let out an exasperated sigh. "It's not like people are going to see it."

"Well, what about me? I'm going to see it every day when I get dressed in the morning, or when I take a shower. Oh, and I guess I could just kiss bikinis goodbye altogether, thanks a lot of jerk!"

"It's not like it was my decision to do this to you, it's the school board's decision, as well as the the magic counsel." Henry pressed his fingers to his temple for a second, before removing them. "It's a way to ensure that we don't have another crazed necromancer on our hands."

"How does this tattoo ensure that?"

Henry was silent. His gaze that had been lingering on my tattoo dropped to his wrist, and to an ancient looking gold watch. He swore under his breath.

"Trolls, I wasn't paying attention to the time, we're late for your first class."

"Hey don't change the subject! Tell me why you guys felt the need to put a giant tattoo on my stomach!"

But instead of answering me Henry ignored me and grabbed my hand. He tugged me along behind him as if I was six and not sixteen, but what other choice did I have? It was either keep up with him or eat dirt.

Out of breath wasn't a good word for how tired I was when we finally reached our destination. Henry, on the other hand, didn't look like he had broken a single drop of sweat, just another reason to hate him that much more.

Something clicked in my head as we slowed to a stop. I felt like I had been running not too long ago, but I didn't mean a couple of days ago, I meant like fifteen minutes ago. I felt a memory begin rising to the surface of my mind.

"Hey, are you listening to me?"

I felt the memory slip back into my subconscious and out of reach at least for now.

He frowned at me. "You know this annoying habit of yours, zoning out when other people are trying to talk to you? You're never going to get a boyfriend at this rate."

"It's not worth it, it's not worth it," I chanted in my mind. "You really should have been listening to him, instead of zoning." I took a deep breath in. I forced a smile on my face. "I'm really sorry, can you please say that again."

Henry looked at me like I had just grown another head. He reached out towards me and placed the back of his hand on my forehead.

"Wh-What are you doing?" I took a step back from him, surprised at the sudden physical contact.

Henry retracted his outstretched hand and cocked his head slightly to the side. "I was checking to see if you had a fever you're acting weird."

"What do you mean by acting weird?"

"Nothing rude has come out of your mouth in the last five minutes."

I scowled at him, "Because you make me say rude things by being a jerk."

"You're late," A voice boomed from behind us. I jumped at least two inches out of my skin.

I turned to see a tall, slender, and very athletic looking woman with dirty blonde hair pulled up into a tight bun. She was dressed in tan leather baggy pants, worn looking boots, and a white tank top. She stood on a stone platform in the middle of an...arena? Between trying to call up my forgotten memory and arguing with Henry, I hadn't noticed we were in a vast arena.