Part 2 Chapter 13

Marker 684,744 reads 36,083 votes- "faints"

^ Creds on this awesome cover go to DJhoskins ! If anyone else wants to make me something like this, I'm more than happy to put it up!

AN; I suck at updating lol. So actually I put this up Sunday night, but no one was reading it, and I got extremely but hurt over it (if you follow me and got my message you know this). So, I blamed it on me taking like 2 months to update, but then I figured why not just repost this, and somehow that fixed things? I'm not sure anymore, but I'm glad people are reading my story still! This whole thing was Wattpad being glitchy again. Anyways thanks for reading!

The Corpse scuttled on top of him, while maintain it's grip on Henry's right arm. Henry thrashed on the ground on his back in the mud under the corps's  death grip, no pun intended, in an attempt to free himself. The corpse had his right shoulder pinned against the ground.

When his thrashing didn't work, he blindly threw a couple of punches at the dead man on top of him. Some of the punches connect and made a dull thump, but they looked like they did nothing.

The dead man's face was turned towards me. It's eyes, clouded over with a thin milky film, stared at me and did not blink once.

Henry, who must of finally figured out his punches weren't doing anything, began trying  to push the dead man off of him. The corpse did not budge one bit. Henry was ridiculously strong, so if nothing he did worked, it must posed some kind unnatural strength. Not a comforting thought, when you were alone in the middle of the woods with it, with sun sinking and the sky turning darker by the second. Did I mention we had no weapons too?

Meanwhile, I stood frozen to the ground in shocked silence, while my mind tried to frantically come up with a solution to this ah... the problem we were currently experiencing. Quickly, some of the self-defense moves that Henry had shown me, in case I ever found myself in a situation where I would have to fight off an attacker, popped into my mind.

Henry and I had spent an entire day in an abandoned farm, one early spring day, where he had tried to show me how to fight. At the end of our grueling first and last session, he had strongly suggested that I would be better off just hiding or, even better yet, running away. Well, hiding or running wasn't an option here, unless I wanted to leave Henry to fend for himself, which wasn't looking like a good option based on his performance thus far

Henry, with much effort, raised his head and turned it, to look at me with electric blue eyes. Even though his eyes weren't panicked, I could see just how much that small movement had cost him on the rest of his face,

"Run! I can take care of this myself, just get out of here!"

For some reason, Henry acting as his stupid macho self calmed me down a little, and I found myself shaking my head at him, "Yeah how your handling this right now really makes me think that you got this no problem. No, I am not running and leaving you behind!

The shadows of the trees around us were growing longer and they seemed to be reaching towards Henry, like the long spindly fingers of a skeleton. The feeling in the air, that I had felt earlier, was growing in intensity even faster than the sun was setting. It was becoming more and more difficult to just breathe properly.

"I'm about to get free, just give me some time," he growled and tried once again to push the dead man off him."

"I'm a little confused on how much time I should give you, should I give you an hour, a day because it doesn't look like you're going to get free anytime soon?!" I shouted back.

"Violet for the last time go!"

The dead soldier head snapped away from me with a loud snap and stared down at Henry. This meant one of two things, one that I had an even stronger urge not to get any closer to it than I already was, and two, it had its back was now facing me, which made it easier for me to attack it.