Part 2 Chapter 24

Marker 1,226,778 reads and 65,498 holy *bleep*!!!

AN; Finally not an authors note but a real life update! First of many in the next twenty days! I'm on winter break and trying not to let friends distract me and write every day and getta done! Anyways enjoy!!!!- Sam

"Are you sure?" I asked my father standing on the grass with the sun casting him a long shadow.

Everyone except for Henry and Deception were gone. All that was left was a few knocked over chairs and Emily's flower arch that she had stood under not even a half hour ago.

Everyone had stared at Neeva in shock after he told me to use him as a sacrifice. I hadn't replied just walked over and hugged Peter, Kami, Mr. Howl, Mrs. Howl, and finally Emily. Emily had whispered in my ear that she was glad that I was at her wedding even though it had ended like this. I had promised her I would help her plan an amazing wedding after this was over to make up for her interrupted wedding. Then Emily and Peter and Emily's family had hurried away to where ever their place was to be in this battle.

Santana had remained behind and started to say something to my father. From her tone of voice it had sounded like she was beginning an argument, but my father had turned to her and had given her probably the scariest look of all time. He told her to go meet him where they usually met for training. Santana had stared back unflinching before she too had turned and left.

"I am sure daughter, my life and my life alone should be enough for the greatest of prices," my father replied."

"And there is no other way?" I asked even though the answer was pretty clear.

"There are always many ways daughter," he said closing his eyes and opening them again, "Ways so numerous that they could fill the sky and block out the sun, but none are comparable to this way. I have walked the land of the living too long that every step I take is unnatural and a crime against nature itself. My death will not be anything sad, just an event that has taken far too long to come."

"It will be sad to me," I said softly.

My father nodded, "That I can't change and I feel the sorrow that you will be burdened with. You will be burden with many things during your long and unnatural life. Things that you can't bear the weight off, but forward you will move without collapse, without rest. There is no rest for creatures like us, this you must accept."

"I'm already burdened with a lot," I replied wearily and I felt the beginning of tears in my eyes.

My father nodded, "Yes as only those who walk between life and death can. They see the peace of death only to return to the much pain of living. You will be sending me to peace, daughter. I-"

"Okay just get over here, the more you talk the more I realize that I can't do this anymore," I said and extended my hands to him.

My father stared at my hands. He frowned and glided across the short space separating us. Behind us, I could hear the shouts of men and the sounds of animals in distress coming from the camp. The frenzy of getting ready for a battle no one had been expecting so soon was reaching its feverous pitch, and the sound surrounded us like a nest full of angry fairies.

My father's hands wrapped around my own trembling ones, "This resolve you speak of that is becoming lost to you, must be kept for just awhile longer. I sense that soon, but not in the time that we are existing in now, should you sacrifice me. I still have much to do and a very short life span to do it in, excuse me, daughter, until I meet you again and finally death. And," he leaned close to me and lowered his speaking volume to just that above a whisper, "center yourself, that voice that you hear in your head. The nastiest of things it whispers, sometimes you must lend it your ear.