♧Chapter 32

AN; There are 360 votes on this story and it's not even half way through summer!? Wow, that's amazing! You guys are the best readers an author could possibly have(: I also enjoy all the comments you leave me, I read every one! So I still haven't reached my goal of 15,000 yet, but it's getting there. There is currently 9132 reads on this sorry. I setting the next vote goal impossibly high, so there is no way I will reach it anytime soon. 600 votes is the new goal! Thanks for reading<3 - Sam(:

"Come on, press your hands up against the wall and feel the life within," Lacy said again, very unenthusiastically.

I gritted my teeth together and slapped my hands against the wall. I felt something stir within its stones, just like it had the first, second, and one-hundredth time.

Minutes ticked by and still, nothing happened. I felt my resolve crumble then dissolve altogether. I fell to my knees and slumped forward in defeat. I was so done with this whole stupid wall business thing like I'm never trying this again, even if you hold my toes over an open fire, done. I had been at this for almost four hours now with absolutely no progress, and even worse, during that stretch of the time, nobody had come to check on me.

That made me extremely paranoid. What if the school had some special way to view me from some hidden place? I wasn't entirely sure that they knew I could see and talk to dead people yet, so what if they found out through observing me?

Or maybe they were trying to starve me to death!? I had begun having stomach pains several hours ago, and I could have killed for a glass of water right about now. Why hadn't I eaten anything back at that camp? I was going to have dreams about that big platter of untouched food.

"Hey, land to ditz with no tits. Are you listening to me!? I said get off the floor, or you aren't sleeping tonight!" Lacy screamed into my ear.

I raised my head and looked at her dully. Her face was mere inches away, and her hollow eye sockets stared angrily into my face. I turned my head away and stood. I walked over to the bed on the other side of the room and flopped down on it. I buried my face into its sole pillow.

"Go ahead, try and keep me awake tonight, I'm a power sleeper! I'm tired, thirsty, hungry, and words can't express how frustrated I am now!" I mumbled angrily into my pillow.

Another pang of hunger hit me, and I curled myself up into a tight ball. How long had I been out if I was this hungry, I wondered.

I heard Lacy groan for somewhere in the air above my head, "Fine, lay down and feel pity for yourself! I'll be back when you're not such a whiner." She mocked. "Boy, am I glad I'm not alive anymore. I forget how annoying the living can be! Toodles. " A cold breeze swept through the room, and she was gone. I was alone again. Thank god!

I must have been laying there for only a half hour when I heard the distinct sound of a hole being opened up in the wall. I didn't even bother lifting up my face to see who was coming in. It really didn't matter to me at this point, they just better of brought food.

"Hey, why the hell has nobody been checking on her? I thought I ordered a check on her every hour?"

My ears perked up at the sound of a familiar voice. No, it couldn't be him, but it sounded so much like him. I lifted my head from the pillow slowly and met Henry's electric blue eyes with wide eyes. What was going on? Why was he here?

He held my gaze for a second longer before looking behind him at someone I couldn't see. "See, she's already awake. Bring her some food now. She hasn't eaten anything for at least four days."

"You traitor!" I growled and pointed an accusing finger at him. Henry's head snapped towards me, and his eyes a little wide, before darting to the opening behind him. He looked almost panicked, which kind of confused me. Why would he be panicked, unless he didn't intend for me to find out that he had betrayed me just yet?