Part 2 Chapter 17

Markers; 877,683 reads 47,507 votes!

AN; Hey guys, honestly I won't be able to update regularly.

Neeva was just one plain strange dude. From the way he talked to the way he dressed, to pretty much every other thing he did was odd. I got to say, though, this was one of the strangest things, and hopefully it would remain one of the strangest things I've ever seen the man do.

Running through the night wearing nothing but a flimsy hospital dress, while waving a dismembered arm in the wind, was a strangeness no regular person could hope to inspire to.

Probably the strangest thing a normal person would do in their entire life would be something like walking around their house naked while eating a sandwich. But not my long lost father. I guess then it made me strange, not the fact that I was willing, although reluctantly, following right behind him, but because how fast I had come to except this as just another daily occurrence in the day and the life of Violet Ellen Silver. I mean how odd of a life I had to be living for me to be like that?

We came to the edge of the woods that bordered the camp and my father held up the hand for me stop. "We wait here daughter," Neeva said, "Do you still have the necklace in your possession?" he asked.

"Yes I do," I said and unclenched my hand that had been protectively wrapped around it. My eyes traveled than down to the palm of my hand and to the smooth and round blue and gold stone pendant attacked to a golden chain. I looked back to Neeva whose eyes were glued to the stary sky hanging over my head. I secured my hand around the pendent again

My eyes traveled to where he was so intently staring and they locked onto a shape that was slowly descending from the heavens in a graceful spiral. As it got closer I saw that it was a small blue dragon. And as it got ready to land a few yards away from where I and Neeva stood I recognized just what small blue dragon it was.

"Nessie!" I said happily and ran towards the dragon without thinking, but stopped in my tracks when a figure separated from Nessie and landed on the grass with a muffled thud.

I watched in a confessed daze as that figured then charged at me and slammed into me at full force. In the blink of an eye, I was on my belly with a knee firmly planted between my shoulder blades, and my arm bent behind my back at in an uncormfortable angle."

"OW! OW! OW!" I yelled as the person pulled my arm back over my head at a painful angle.

"Identify yourself! Why aren't you in your assigned area at this time of night!? This area is restricted until sunrise!" a familiar female voice barked into my ear.

"Amber it's me!" I gasped, and I instantly felt Henry's sister's, Amber's weight being lifted off me.

"Violet!?!" she gasped, sounding equal parts stunned and surprised. She looped her arms under my armpit and gently helped me up to a sitting position. Once I was in one, she walked around to my front and squatted down in front of me. Her brown eyes looked into my face, and she grabbed my head on both sides and tilted it back and forth. She let her hands slide down my cheeks and off my face. I saw that she was wearing a pair of black boot, a black shirt, and a pair of black leather pants. Her long, strait brown hair had been neatly pulled up into a neat ponytail that hung down her back.

In the meantime, Nessie had stalked over from the spot in the empty field on the edge of the camp, that Amber had landed her at, to me. She inhaled my scent deeply before she nudged me gently with her pointy snout. I reached over and rubbed small circles on her scaly nose. Nessie began to purr loudly and let her scaly blue body sink onto the grass. I may not like dragons a lot, but she meant a lot to Henry, and Henry meant a lot to me, so, therefore, Nessie was now something I cared about.