♢Chapter 26

AN; I'm so sorry for the long wait!!! It's unreal how much homework I have): I hope you enjoy and thank you for the 132 votes and thank you for the 3830 reads!! Let's try and make it 150 votes, and 40000 reads(: And no updates until I get ten votes on this story, so that means I need 142 votes! Oh and I think this might be longer than 28 chapters, unfortunately): As always, thanks for reading<3 -Sam

For a split second Vivan's face remained blank like I had slapped her across her face, then her eyes widened and her mouth formed into an O shape. Her face changed expression again, and she narrowed her eyes at me.

"Lacy who?" she questioned.

It was my turn to freeze. I hadn't ever bothered asking Lacy her last name, it hadn't seemed that important at the time, but then it came to me, from a voice somewhere deep in my subconscious.

"Bat."

Vivian closed the distance between us and clamped her hands on either side of my shoulders. She leaned her large frame over me until her face was so close to mine that she could have kissed me if she really wanted to.

"How do you know my sister's name," her eyes burned into mine.

Sister? Oh wow. There wasn't much of a family resemblance.

I swallowed, "I met her ghost when I first came to the school, and she talked to me. She's stuck in some sort of limbo, and won't be at rest until she receives justice. If you ever loved your sister, you'll admit to whatever you did to her."

Did she love her sister? And what had she done anyways?

Vivian released me and turned her back to me.

"She told me it was an accident," I offered.

Vivian looked at me, and I was surprised to see her face streaked with tears, "She's in limbo?"

I nodded.

Vivian breathed in deeply and walked over to the edge of the ledge. For a moment, I was afraid she was going to jump.

"I'll go find something to keep us warm, it's cold outside," she finally said. She made a single gesture with her hands, and a staircase materialized out of the side of the mountain, "Put on a shirt, there's an extra one in my bag, I'll be right back," she said and tossed me her bag.

I caught it and tucked it under my arm. "O...Okay," I called after her. I watched her descend the stairs leading to the ground.

When she was at the bottom, I undid the clasp on the bag and reached inside. The bag was a lot bigger. Then it appeared to be on the outside. My arm was in all the way to my shoulder, and I still hadn't even scratched the bottom. But the again, I guess that's what you can expect from a possession of one of the members of the big four.

My hand brushed against something soft, and I grabbed it and pulled it out. It was a heavy duty blanket the color of grass. My thoughts drift to Henry and then the steadily chilling air. I dropped the bag and walked over to where Henry lay.

Nessie, who was lying only a couple of feet from her master, raised her head and scrutinized me with her bright yellow eyes, before resting her head on her front claws again. I guess I was less of a threat than Vivian.

I carefully draped the blanket over his body. The crouched down and smoothed some hair back from his face.

"Wake up soon," I said and began walking away from him

"Violet."

I stopped in my tracks and turned back towards Henry, wondering if I had just imagined it.