♤Chapter 17

AN

Goal! Goal!! And Goal!!! Right now this story was 1203 reads and 50 votes. Thanks to all you guys who have read this story and voted! You have kept me working hard on this story. I'm now going to try to update once a week, but I'm not making any promises! Well anyways enjoy this chapter! Thanks for reading<3- Sam

I felt my heart go to my throat. Did they just tell me I shouldn't continue to live or had I just heard them wrong? I didn't think I did.

"But," Miss B continued, "some of us see potential in you, including myself. Please lift up your shirt, just enough to show your stomach.

I did as she asked and grabbed the edges of my shirt, and with shaky hands lifted the fabric just enough to expose my middle. There was a collective gasp in the room. All at once everyone began talking.

It appeared that Henry had been lying when he said everyone was in agreement about the sweet little deadly spell on my stomach. It appeared that most of the school board didn't know about it. Which got me thinking, how did he know about it?

A balding middle-aged fat man, with frizzy red hair, stood and pointed an accusing finger at Miss B. "Vivian, what is the meaning of this." He boomed.

Miss. B didn't even flinch as she stood to her full towering height. She flicked her dirty blonde colored braid over her shoulder and met his glare with one of her own.

"What's the difference whether or not she has a terminating spell on her? If you were to have your way she would be a corpse on the ground already. She could be useful in the future, so it would be a waste to kill her now. If she decides to use her powers against us,F we willuse the spell to kill her..."

She looked me in the eyes, "Will you agree to train in exchange for your life?"

I almost laughed with how absurd her question sounded. Notice that I said almost. Maybe if it wasn't my own life hanging in the balance I would have found it outright hilarious.

I nodded and she smiled at me, "Okay let's take a vote. All in favor of her living."

I felt like I was going to be sick as I watched, one, two, six hands rise into the air.

"She should live?"

Six hands, some a little hesitantly, climbed into the air. Six hands in my favor, and counting Miss B's vote , that made seven. I was going to live! I felt a smile creep up my lips, and tears of relief spilled down my cheeks. I rubbed them quickly away with the back of my hands.

Miss B looked behind her at the raised hands, and then back in my direction. She was wearing a smile of her own, but instead of one of relief hers was one of satisfaction. "Okay now that is settled, you can go back to your room and have a day off, you deserve it."

Amber appeared by my side, put a comforting hand on the center of my back, and guided me away from the rows of people and back to the cage. When we reached the top I found Greta waiting for us. I launched myself into her outstretched arms.

"Where were you, you had no idea how scared I was!? They wanted to kill me!" I sobbed into her gray wool sweater.

"Shhh," she soothed and made circular motions on my back. "Greta's here now baby, I knew nothing was going to happen to you. You had Vivian on your side, and she tends to make things happen in her favor."

"Tends to doesn't mean always! You know you could've arranged things, so you could be down there too. I never wanted to come to this school, because deep down I knew that something like this was going to happen!" I shoved her away and bolted up the staircase with Amber on my heels.